R2880 printer upgrade

GT550Dan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys ive just got a newer (2013 hence the 'er') iMac and its saying that i should download the latest drivers when i connect it. But i seem to remember that can be a no-no for refillers. Imac doesnt have a Cd drive what to do?
Am using kit from Martin at OctoInkjet very successfully and don't want to screw up this beautiful arrangement.
Looking forward to your advice which helped me on the road to quality and value for money printing

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
its saying that i should download the latest drivers when i connect it
I have a Mac running Sierra and it works fine, so you should just ignore the upgrade notice from Epson and carry on as you are, if it ain’t broke.. Don’t upgrade anything..

GT550Dan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a Mac running Sierra and it works fine, so you should just ignore the upgrade notice from Epson and carry on as you are, if it ain’t broke.. Don’t upgrade anything..
Hi The Hat thanks for replying - I'm connecting it to a different machine that doesn't have the drivers on - how do i install them safely?

GT550Dan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Search through the Epson archives for older drivers for your model printer..
Thanks good idea just thought they'd only have the latest drivers on there - does Epson have a reputation like HP of trying to stop the use of third party cartridges ?

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
What is the current operating system on your iMac? If it is the latest OS (Catalina OS 10.15.xx), it will not run software (including printer drivers) unless they are 64 bit. In that case you will need to download from Epson the latest 64 bit drivers for your R2880 printer. Epson drivers in my experience do not mess with the ability to use non Epson ink in your printer. However, I would stay away from updating printer firmware, as the updated firmware may lock out the use of non OEM ink.

Bob

GT550Dan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What is the current operating system on your iMac? If it is the latest OS (Catalina OS 10.15.xx), it will not run software (including printer drivers) unless they are 64 bit. In that case you will need to download from Epson the latest 64 bit drivers for your R2880 printer. Epson drivers in my experience do not mess with the ability to use non Epson ink in your printer. However, I would stay away from updating printer firmware, as the updated firmware may lock out the use of non OEM ink.

Bob
Hi thamks for getting in touch. In the end i had to grit my teeth and out my fingers in my ears and install from Epsom and....
So far all is running fine

Latest posts