R2400 won’t communicate with Mac

Sk8photographer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Et 2760 Canon pro 100
I’ve been trying to rehab an old R2400 that was given to me a while back. I spent quite a while with widow cleaner and paper towels cleaning the head and refilled it with oem ink carts off eBay. I tried getting it to do nozzle checks and it would just run the paper through and do nothing. Now it will not even do that and just tells me there is a communication error and jams the paper. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the software( I have a 10 year old Mac desktop). I’ve used most of the new ink just turning it on and off and am at a loss as to how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated as while I’ve enjoyed learning how to do maintenance on it I’m getting nowhere and just wasting ink.

Ubuki

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800
Well, I would try with another cable first.

I tried getting it to do nozzle checks and it would just run the paper through and do nothing.
That has happened to me when trying to print with the wrong printer driver, one from another model of the same brand.

Epson printers can also print nozzle checks without a computer either using a menu or by holding some buttons while turning them on, the sequence varies.

Maybe a long shot, but If you don't have a Windows PC at hand to rule out software issues, it may be possible to install Gutenprint on a Mac, which has its own drivers and test utilities.

Sk8photographer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are you using the appropriately matched Epson driver for your OS version?
Yes ,I uninstalled what I had and made sure I had the correct one. Still will not print anything although it goes through the motions. of doing nozzle checks and head alignment. My ET2760 prints fine off this computer

Sk8photographer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well, I would try with another cable first.

That has happened to me when trying to print with the wrong printer driver, one from another model of the same brand.

Epson printers can also print nozzle checks without a computer either using a menu or by holding some buttons while turning them on, the sequence varies.

Maybe a long shot, but If you don't have a Windows PC at hand to rule out software issues, it may be possible to install Gutenprint on a Mac, which has its own drivers and test utilities.
I've tried three different cables that work on other printers. I'm not getting the communication error message anymore with the install of the correct driver but still doesn't print anything.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Sk8photographer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Has the printer ever functioned properly for you?

Is there any way to set the printer back to factory default?

Specifically, what is the error?
The printer was given to me by someone who said it worked at some point but was in storage for a while.
I have never gotten it to work.
It is not giving me the communication error message anymore( it was never specific)
I have held it upside down and shaken it to see if something was jammed in the paper feed. A small piece of paper fell out but that didn’t solve the issue.
It goes through all the motions of working except for the printing part lol!
I will look up how to bring it back to factory default and try that.

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
Did you check your printer queue? It should be empty.
How did you install the printer? By adding it with the plus sign in printers and scanners or by installing with the driver from the Epson site? You should always use the provided driver and not manually in system preferences. Take care, that not the AirPrint driver is used during the installation process. I don't know whether AirPrint is shown with this old printer.
You also can reset your printer system. Open printers and scanners, make a right click in the area with the list of your printers and it should be in the context menu. But be aware that all installed printers will be removed. You can add them afterwords again with the plus sign.

Good luck,
Maximilian

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It is not giving me the communication error message anymore( it was never specific)
The exact words I would use to do a Google search +/- printer make and model. Someone(s) somewhere has had the same issue and a potential diagnosis and fix may be had.

As it is, use Google to search on printer make and model and a few concise words describing the problem., I tried "epson r2400 blank pages" and found the follow discussions that are quite different from the usual advice for blank pages.

First, an older thread on the forum about blown fuse:

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/epson-1390-1400-printing-blank-pages.11735/

Then, continuing to read the search results, I found this nice explanation about a blown fuse and how to repair:

https://bchtechnologies.com/blog/fix-epson-printing-blank-pages-the-printer-may-not-be-clogged/

There is a link at the bottom of the page to a blog in the above link that goes into more detail and pictures.

I know something about birthin' babies but next to nothing about Epsons. Good luck.