question on harvesting ink from Pro 1000

PhilE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10
Hello. I am using a Pro 10 and would like to harvest the chroma Optimiser of the larger Chroma Optimiser of the Pro 1000. What syringe would be used for this? I have been getting the ink from the Pro 1 cartridges. Is the syringe the same for the Pro 1000? Much thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you can harvest the ink from a Pro 1 cart then it’s much the same principal with the Pro 1000, but it’s better to use a very long needle then the refill tip that’s used for the Pro 1..

60ml syringe is best...;)

PhilE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10
Thank you for your reply and info. Yesterday, I did essentially what you just recommended. A long needle inserted into the Pro 1000 ink cart. The listed amount of ink in the Pro 1000 carts is 80 ml (1 gram per Milliliter ) I managed to pull out 70 ml of Chroma Optimiser. - However the process of using a needle was messy and 10 ml was spilled from the cart as there was not a tight seal. Perhaps it is first time attempt that led to the loss of the 10 ml. But all's well that ends well...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
However the process of using a needle was messy and 10 ml was spilled from the cart as there was not a tight seal. Perhaps it is first time attempt that led to the loss of the 10 ml. But all's well that ends well...
If you leave the cart on the desk with the outlet facing up, then insert the needle into the outlet, making sure there is about 20 ml of air in the syringe, now push as much air into the cart as you can gently, (Don’t force it) then start to suck the ink out..