Putting my Epson 3880 into temp. storage.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I was thinking more as a scientist, with no science skills at all :hu Somewhere deep in my memory is a warning about the ability of suspensions to capture and foster (grow) air bubbles. However, wading through the seemingly never ending academic text a light went on in my brain. I have a STRONG feeling that some types of agitation of particulates is not a good idea at all.....These air (pockets) however small behave in such a way as to aid drying, and have an affinity for their own kind......foaming is such a manifestation.

This could easily be a figment of my imagination, but I intend to pay particular attention to the way my inks behave in the future, a work in progress as it were.

Cheers,

Andrew

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Hi All,

Just an update.......Been to Tasmania to look at awesome forests and tall, tall trees. Even got to HUG a couple of trees...YES! literally. I met a couple of species I thought I would never see, and met a tree that was a 20 year old sapling when Van Deeman set sight on ' Tasmaina ' for the first time in the early 1600's. It is still vibrant and strong and growing well. It is around 290 feet high now, a youngster still!

The R3880 is STILL in mothballs and the renovation continues on and on and ONnnnn!!

Moments ago printed yet another weekly test print, nozzle check and all seems well in its little world. By now I would have been tearing out what hair I have left had I not had some supportive advice from hereabouts. I would guess at about three more week ends :barnie