Purging a lot of OEM Canon CLI-8 and Batch-drying

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I didn`t know you could drink it ???,,,,,.........I just bought it to clean stuff like print heads and electrical contacts.........................

I bought a 500ml plastic container from Superdrug in Newbury a couple of years ago, paid 5-6

Label ses :- "Ransom"
Isopropyl Alcohol B.P.
Hazard symbolF
Store below 30deg C
R11 Highly Flammable
S2 Keep out of the reach of children
S9 Keep container in a well ventilated place
S16 Keep away from sources of ignition.
No Smoking
BN: 38647
Man Aug 2007
Exp Aug 2010

You will note it expires this month, so its lucky you guys were running this thread , I will now take steps to stop it becoming a problem.....................I may be gone some time.

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
headphonesman said:
I will now take steps to stop it becoming a problem.....................I may be gone some time.
Hospital?

strobemonkey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
lin said:
strobemonkey said:
Thanks to this thread, I'll do this with my oem cartridges, I'm now practicing with my ebay set:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4891785150_28cc314b12_z.jpg
hi strobemonkey, what kind of ink were you using in these cartridges. @The colors of the ink looks kind of different from most normal dye ink.
Hi
These are third party inks I bought from ebay. The colours are crap that's why I'm purging them and will put
WIZZ window cleaner for cleaning.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Well I cleaned some CLI-8 cartridges this way too, but I did not drill any holes and just used 50cc syringe to clean it.
1 cartridge takes about 6 syringes or 300cc of water to clean this way.

The water is distilled water, and I also add some drops of ammonia 10% into it to flow better.
On final round I use only pure distilled water.

I leave carts to dry in the sun and pack them in non sealed boxes for storage in dry place.
I fill then up using vacuum pump via the vent hole works every time. And by using the vent hole I'm sure that the exit hole filter works like intended that is "only one way".

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
barfl2 Thanks to all the threads offering sources of isopropyl now got some via Amazon and it came from a supplier only 20 miles away. Another item mentioned in the brew is 6% propylene glycol. I assume this to means say 6ml of glycol to 94ml of distilled water ?. apart from car antifreeze the stuff advertised seem to be 99% strength and food quality and quite pricey for say 100ml or vast quantities of industrial quality for freezers and coolers. But if you are going to only use 6% and then use the recommended dilution in your total solution you do not need very much. What about Surgical Spirit ?