Prusa MK3 - First Look

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
They will all follow suit since Prusa make all their innovations available via the Open Source agreement, so anyone can clone any part of the design ;)

The new Spring steel bed will be available separately in the the future so can be a good upgrade for many different printers.

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
They will all follow suit since Prusa make all their innovations available via the Open Source agreement, so anyone can clone any part of the design ;)

The new Spring steel bed will be available separately in the the future so can be a good upgrade for many different printers.

Prusa (unlike Creality) does help the RepRap Project and their designs are open for everyone. You can get a CR-10 for half the price but by the time you have finished exchanging/updrading parts to Prusa like quality the price gap will have shrinked enormously. So the remaining price differential could be seen as a support to the open source reprap community...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Forecast for delivery is January :( :(
Ouch!

You are quickly acclimating to the forum. First the generous offer of your refilling supplies combined with some great images and now you are jumping on the 3D printer bandwagon. @The Hat and you are soon to become good friends!

:thumbsup

Marcadian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10 and TS8050
The refills I just didn’t want to throw away maybe someone has an use for it.

Coming back to 3D printing. I have an RepRap Ormerod 1 since a couple years which I have modified here and there so far. However with the new iteration of the Prusa (and all its funky features) I just couldn’t resist anymore and just ordered it. The Creality 10s was also on my list but I wanted to have an direct extruder instead of the bowden one but the Creality is a great printer of course. Also my Ormerod is a bowden extruder style printer.