Printer Model
MB5150

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Redbrickman, does that mean your now showing your cards and are ready to commit to the all-new Prusa...? :idunno

I reckon you’re going to need very deep pockets for this new MK3 model... €999 Wow, you can have my sympathy now, because if the wife finds out, your dead... :lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
if the wife finds out, your dead... :lol:
The trick is to buy her a more expensive gift to deflect from the one you just bought yourself. :D

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Not a chance of buying the MK3 at the moment, even if I could afford it as it does not start shipping until November. SWMBO is OK with the idea of a 3D printer as I suspect like The Hat's good lady she will all of a sudden find things she needs printed :)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
It looks cool and with a ton of awesome features! Price is actually lower than I had expected for such a top-of-the-line printer

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Some of the cool new features demonstrated...
I don’t reckon these 3 new features would be enough for me to go for the MK3.

1) when the printer is on, nothing is going to get in the way of the head movement, well it shouldn’t unless you’re a right prat, or got a parrot loose.

2) Running out of filament is something that can happen, but again it shouldn’t, it has happened to me, but that was down to pure carelessness on my part, I didn’t care enough to be there, akin to running out of ink on your inkjet, when the ink monitoring has been disabled.

3) The power outage thing is a little bit suspect, if it’s for 5 minutes, ok that might work but what if it’s over night (8 hours) will the control unit still have enough power to remember, and power outages are a rare occurrence, like a blue moon.

I still say the MK3 is way over priced for what it does, I could get 3 CR-10’s for that price and still have change left over, and when the MonoPrice came out at $200 it was too pricey for most, so 95% of guys will look, but only a few will buy, at $999 the answer is still No, IMHO...

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Yes they are expensive, but I think others will add the new features to their clones in not too distant feature, which will be good for everyone.