Problems entering service mode with the pixma mg7550

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Been trying for ages to enter service mode with the pixma mg7550, tried all available tools including v3600 and every button combination i can think of. Nothing works all though i think ive entered service mode as buttons are active but always return an error 006. A lot of sequences refer to green or blue power light, you dont have that on the mg7550, just the white power on led.:he

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It’s very interesting that you still can't get your machine into Service Mode, I reckon it’s time for you to stand back from your problem and then take a fresh look at the whole procedure once again.

You say that the MG7550 has only one white LED power light ? So what happens when you run out of paper in the middle of a print run, which LED light lets you know that you’ve got a problem ?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is the operation panel from the user manual for MG7550, downloaded from Canon UK website. (9) is an alarm lamp that lights or flashes in case of an error.

MG7550 panel.jpg

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

If you look at the panel posted by PeterBJ you will see the fully lit panel, this only appears briefly on startup. The only one that remains lit is the power button nos1.When trying to enter sevice mode you have to holddown button 7 which you cant see and then hold down button1 as well. Then button7 lights up, still holding down 1 you then depress and release 7 five times and alarm button9 will light and go out with alternate presses. After the correct nos of presses you release both 7 and 1 buttons.
I describe them as buttons, in fact there are no discernable buttons just touch sensitive areas. Using a torch you can just see the symbols when they are not lit and mark them accordingly. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work, i think the service tool is not compatible to the mg7550.I've not run out of paper in mid run yet, but i guess alarm light 9 will light up and probably message on central lcd panel. Error code 006 has two explanation one is not in service mode the other is service tool not applicable to printer.
error-list-jpg.1095

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am still curious, why do you hold in button 7, and what function does this button have ?

The reason I asked is because I still think your machine in not entering Service Mode properly, but this could just be another one of Canons dirty tricks again.

On the other hand the machine could actually be in Service Mode but you have no way of knowing this so what if you try pressing button 7 to see if the printer will respond to input instructions whilst in it’s presumed Service Mode, see list below.

All new models printer must have and need a Service Tool to alter any function in the EPROM chip, so we are lead to believe, but what if this has changed once again, it’s worth a try..

Capture44.PNG

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Take a look at the procedure used by @palombian here, and those used by @Łukasz and @mswannie from this post and following posts to and including #115.

The procedures are not quite the same as yours, so I suggest to give these procedures a try. You might be lucky.

Latest posts