Problem with Photo Cyan ink cartridge pulling through - Canon Pixma Pro 10s

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
So you see banding here also?This is like printers 20 y ago..But no banding on matt paper whit MBK ink.So is that CO fault?YES printing whit matt paper choice and color profile for glossy paper...no banding

I never had it over the whole print as you show in the second image. And not often (and not with PC ink).
It could be related to driver settings.

Why don't you ask @mikling ?

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I observe this from time to time too, but also with other colours as long as they are light combined with a darker part on the same printhead movement.
Only near the left and/or right borders = on the beginning or end of the print job.

I suspected the paper transport, but couldn't find anything.

It is less dominant with standard quality settings than in high quality.
While experimenting with grey inks, I could make it disappear by changing to OEM grey.

My conclusion until now is it has something to do with the ink feed, or a bug/feature in the driver.

What ink do you use ?

After printing that grey chart yes it is a grey ink like you say.I think i need now OEM grey it is less visible in standard print Q. yes

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
After printing that grey chart yes it is a grey ink like you say.I think i need now OEM grey it is less visible in standard print Q. yes

So you mean the print is not 100% even grey ?
In that case, did you try other printer settings (paper, quality) ?
Maybe you just should mount another cart ?

As said, I have it very seldom (with Octoinkjet ink), but it is not a reason to disqualify the ink.
In my case it is certainly not building up after a number of refills as with the magenta (where you found the solution:thumbsup).
You can't expect 3th party ink performing 100% as OEM in all cases.

BTW @mikling will be live with José Rodriguez aka @jtoolman tomorrow evening, this can be an interesting question.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
whit Epson p 600 there whas no banding problems whit pc inks.
but diferend tipe print head.So i hope when i put new OEM cart in All will be ok.
But printing whit MB no problems.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
BTW @mikling will be live with José Rodriguez aka @jtoolman tomorrow evening, this can be an interesting question.
Yes, it will be interesting to watch this livestream, as it was the other of four weeks ago with José and @mikling.

Going back to topic, my experience after two years with the Pro10 is very good. During this time I’ve had only one real problem which was instantly fixed after switching to Prec. Colors or OEM ink. I’m now positive that the issue wasn’t due to the cartridges, my refill procedure or the printer; it was the ink.

Last edited:

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
So the pro 10 isnt that easy to use whit 3rd party inks after all..
iteresting is that i dont see problems on nozzle check...that live stream is too late for me....

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Yes, it will be interesting to watch this livestream, as it was the other of four weeks ago with José and @mikling.

Going back to topic, my experience after two years with the Pro10 is very good. During this time I’ve had only a real problem which was instantly fixed after switching to Prec. Colors or OEM ink. I’m now positive that the issue wasn’t due to the cartridges, my refill procedure or the printer; it was the ink.

are you still on first print head?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model

Going back to topic, my experience after two years with the Pro10 is very good. During this time I’ve had only a real problem which was instantly fixed after switching to Prec. Colors or OEM ink. I’m now positive that the issue wasn’t due to the cartridges, my refill procedure or the printer; it was the ink.

My - now more than half a year - experience with the PRO-10 is very good too.
It is more demanding on ink quality than the 9500, but definitely with better results.
As been discussed over and over, no 3th party (or even OEM) ink set is a 100% replacement for refill (only PRO-1 has exactly the same ink).

Instead of complaining, better adapt and enjoy this printer, maybe the last you can refill.

PS: I don't expect much new info in the livestream, but it lifts maybe another tip of the veil about the refill industry.
You can view it afterwards (and much faster) too.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Yes, definitively not 'live' for me. Too late, too long and I'm not planning to be there asking questions,
Monday evening I'll give it a try.

@Borut : I'm still on my first Pro10s printhead, although I purchased a spare when I had those problems. As the issue was fixed without any damage to the original printhead, the other is still sealed and I hope it will remain so for a long time.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Did you go on OEM inks or?

Latest posts