Problem with Netgear D6300 Modem

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
No it's a "simple" setup with both 2.4G and 5G "available" on both PC and Ipad. Sometimes boots OK, sometimes, of late, fails on both. Sometimes works after power off/on a couple of times.

I have initiated a support ticket with Netgear as stratman suggested. So will wait for their response.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
You DELIBERATELY turned that damn thing ON to discredit me:barnie

Interesting that it is showing incorrect profile detail.

I have a little Mobile 4G WiFi that i use for travel mostly, but also up here on the laptop in the evenings. For months now the modem reports Phantom devises connected. Always there is NO other device on on standby or anything in my place and the nearest neighbour house is 1Km away, well outside this modems supposed range??? Nearest transmitter is 11Km away and supposedly the only signal I can receive?

When I did offshore fishing my marine radio often did skip ( got signals from Darwin at the Top end of Australia), actually talked to them one time! I would not be at all surprised if you were getting some form of skip too. But that does not explain the mismatch profile.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You DELIBERATELY turned that damn thing ON to discredit me

When I did offshore fishing my marine radio often did skip ( got signals from Darwin at the Top end of Australia), actually talked to them one time! I would not be at all surprised if you were getting some form of skip too. But that does not explain the mismatch profile.

Gees, I’d love to know what you were drinking to get a skip that big, something like that is usually kept for the size of fish you’d caught.. :hugs :lol: :lol:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
You are all right at the moment, the Queen of Hearts is snoozing, hasn't said a word.

Had a response from Netgear Support, to the effect that I should set the 5G channel and Mode to the highest values and reinstall the latest firmware.
This I have done and it is working so far!

As far as skip distances are concerned, I once worked Los Angeles from the UK via long path. Working VK on various bands was not difficult as it is near enough the focal point from any direction that happened to be open. I think PeterBJ should also have comments to make. I suppose the ultimate is talking to yourself.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I am now on my second submission (6 pages of data) and the next higher level of expert at Netgear. Still with unreliable connection to 5G on the Ipad.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks for the update. Moving up the tech food chain takes time and is not fun but will hopefully result in a resolution. Sometimes it is all you can do short of changing equipment.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I do not think you are going to get anywhere, i have read loads of things on the net from people having issues connecting various i-devices to 5Ghz reliably not just on Netgear stuff. Good luck though :)

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Netgear suggested a Beta firmware upgrade, which I declined. The problem seems to have reduced in severity of late. I suspect there may be an external local source of microwave interference. There is a health clinic not to far away that has caused interference to EM bands in the past. That's another issue that comes under OFCOM poor things.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Netgear suggested a Beta firmware upgrade, which I declined.

Why the decline?

Have you tried moving the wireless router to a different location, or a different longitude and/or latitude? Just raising the router up, plus or minus turning it on its axis, can resolve some signal issues.

Latest posts