Problem with my IP3680 Dye Black

aki21

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Got this problem awhile ago.. after i stop using it for a week, well the problem is that when i do a photo print.. it cant fully print dye black on the whole page, it only print properly after a certain end of the page..

when clean and test print.. some of the dye blk nozzles did not print properly.. all color are working properly including the Pigment black which i replace it with dye...

canon-1.jpg

is this clog nozzle? or hardware problem...

also.. any codes on how to fix this? ( Canon Botton instructions?)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If your dye black prints properly on part of the page and fizzles out for another part of the page, then you do not have clogged nozzles. Clogged nozzles remain clogged for the entire page. If you do a nozzle check immediately after a normal head cleaning, does it look correct? I suspect it does.

So I'm thinking you have an ink flow problem. Are you using Canon cartridges that are not refilled? If not, I would suggest that you buy one and see if the problem goes away and please let us know what kind of cartridges you use and how they are filled.

aki21

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
whoah.. im very sorry for a very late reply..

i refiled it with same type of dye.. dunno if its the same model or viscosity, but at first it works perfectly.. and prints normally as it should..

now i have this great and another problem... while horizontal lines.. when printing docs and pictures.. if i print a text docs in fast mode, you will see a shifted horizontal line on a certain paragraph of the text..

another thing is when i print color pics, there also white lines but in different locations.. here are my text doc printouts..

slashed.png

another thing is when printing a full photo pics, there's a certain part of the printouts that has a static smudge then the rest is all crisp prints.. i wonder if its the guide roller is in vain.. if its not a head issue, i might dismantle this thing and check if all sensors are working.. as of now... im not happy for this printer.. head replacement cost 2/3 of the printer itself.. planning to buy IP 1980 which has the same picture resolution and easy head replacement..

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Glad to hear you got your dye black working again.

This recent problem with the white lines is not a problem in the print head (as you surmised) but rather in the paper handling which seems very strange as I have not ever heard of this problem before. Maybe someone else has experienced a similar problem and will post a solution.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I've noticed if you print on fast if your printer is not perfectly aligned horizontally then you can get some banding. This is why I manually adjust mine because it lets you fine tune the horizontal alignment to "squish" things together a little more.