problem with canon i950, half of yellow columns stopped printing

bobglen97

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
brianl said:
Well, so far no luck with the cartridge filled with Windex (with Ammonia D). I even left it sitting in the printer for three days and tried the
four color test prints again.
Brian
Try printing just cyan bar on the print test with the cart filled with cleaning fluid (instead of the cyan cart). The objective is that the cleaning fluid will be drawn through the printhead chamber and the nozzles, thus disolving the clog. Just allowing it to sit in the printer does not have the same effect.

Bob

brianl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
bobglen97 said:
Try printing just cyan bar on the print test with the cart filled with cleaning fluid (instead of the cyan cart). The objective is that the cleaning fluid will be drawn through the printhead chamber and the nozzles, thus disolving the clog. Just allowing it to sit in the printer does not have the same effect.

Bob
Oops, sorry I didn't make it clear in my post, but yes I did do the test prints with the Windex-filled cartridge in it. Since the old cartridge wasn't completely devoid of yellow pigment, the cyan bar came out a very very pale yellow - but it was a solid bar and not banded (strange). Thinking the clog was eliminated, I put the cyan cartridge back in and got the result you see in the picture. So far I've tried compressed air through both the ink inlet screens and the head outlets, injecting room-temp Windex using a syringe into the ink inlet screens (but the straws I had didn't fit so I just put the syringe against the screen and squirted - observed the windex coming out of each individual strip of the head), and using an old cartridge filled with Windex first to run prints and then just to soak. I'll try the warm alcohol next.

I really hope I didn't fry the head - I don't remember ever letting the ink go completely dry in any of the colors. The printer was sitting unused for a few months though when I had to store it to move into our home. I didn't know about the proper way to maintain inkjets until I found this site just a few weeks ago, so I didn't know it was prudent to print off at least a page every day to keep the heads "healthy." I guess that could be a sneaky way to get people to buy new printers every so often since I don't remember that tidbit being mentioned in the manual. I guess in the end if none of my cleaning efforts is successful, I'll have to either get a new printer or order a new head.

Thank you for all your suggestions so far, I've learned a lot from you.

Brian

khalid826

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Every body and thanks for all the good subjects written here in this forum.
My problem very similar to brianl problem ( I have canon i560 model and i use it for along time and printing too much paper some times i print 3000 copy per day in black ink only but before two weeks ago i noticed a heavy stripes on all the three colors cyan , magenta , yellow .... the black ink still usable so i tried most of the opinions written here but no use , the test page look like this
1- the black horizonntal bar is ok
2.the deep cyan bar divided in two region exactly in the middle distance of the bar the lower is correct (deep cyan) the upper one is light cyan
3.the third bar (light cyan ) also divided in two region from the middle the lower is correct (light cyan) the upper area disappered.
4.the fourth bar(deep magenta) also only the lower part shown and the upper half is gone .
5. the fifth bar (light magenta) same problem as above for magenta.
6. the sixth bar (yellow) the lower part is ok the upper half is very light yellow.

so kindly asking for solving this problem with best regards