Problem printing multiple pictures on A3/A3+ paper in PSP 8.01

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Yesterday I tried to print a collection of 16 pictures on A3+ photo paper in Paint Shop Pro 8.01. I use the auto arrange option to fit all those pictures on the page, but when I try to print, suddenly more than half of the pictures disappears on the paper and some of them only a small area the upper or lower band is printed, causing immense gaps on my expensive paper.

But on screen the pictures are all available and visible and strangely I tried normal paper to get a draft print and the second time other pictures appear on the paper and the ones printed the first time are now dissappearing, so it looks like a lottery which of the pictures are appearing on the paper.

What could be the cause of this strange "lottery" problem of pictures ?

WhiteDog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts:

1) Insufficint RAM. Have at least 1 GB
2) running other applications concurrently
3) Inadequate foreground processing assigned
4) Scratch disk and/or paging file not assigned, too small, crowded, or slow
5) file size too large for combined print spooler RAM and paging file. "Collage" file sizes can get gigantic.
6) interference with virus detection software
7) RAM captured and not released either by this app or another one. A RAM manager such as CachemanXP from Outerware is truly helpful.
8) Cluttered start menu filling up RAM with useless programs such as Adobe quick start. MS Messenger, etc. etc. Get that stuff out of there! There are several start management programs. I like JV16 Tools. Another called STARTED works well but JV16 is a real deal financially and can be run for 30 days not crippled
9) Dysfunctional print spooler; try it OFF or ON

As a PS, I do not like Adobe print utilities, and they are the main reason but not the only one that I am a die-hard Corel fan. Corel is a dream to print from. Roxio even does a great job on collages and I use it for quick jobs.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure your printer wasn't set to print on letter-size paper instead of A3. before you print anything, use the program's "print preview" feature..if everything shows up, then your settings are correct, and all the photos shoud print just as you saw them in print preview.

Start with an A3 layout, drag your photos in, resize them so that they are all visible, make sure your printer is set to the correct size paper, and check the print preview...you should be OK then

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Problems now solved: after moving to Photoshop CS2, all the problems dissappeared !!! I don't now why Corel/Jasc Paint Shop Pro is behaving so strangely: all the pictures appear correctly on the print preview paper with the right paper size chosen, but it remains a lottery which of the pictures will appear on the paper.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Did you change the software only? Or the PC or the printer as well?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Simon: I change software only, don't ask me why Paint Shop Pro is behaving strangely. Photoshop CS2 did the job very well and is even better than Paint Shop Pro. I ordered 4 custom made profiles which I use in Photoshop CS2 and I'm very happy with the results with Hobbicolors UW-8 ink. It's almost near perfect !

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Why don't you give Qimage a try? It's a very good software.