PROBLEM: Notification issues and emails...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
@Nifty ...

Please can you contact me directly using the contact email on my account.

This issue with regards email is serious and is being treated as an external problem despite happening after upgrades at your end.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
printerknowledge.com resolves to: 209.182.234.131

1579969539991.png

This might explain an awful lot...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks for the info!

We've been digging into this and it seems it's a combo of factors... partially on the receiving end (different ISPs, email handlers, etc.) and also potential issues on our side with the server itself.

We're working to try and pinpoint and resolve the issues that could possibly be on our end... even considering another server-move.

(BTW, to clarify, any of the issues with email delivery are not related to the software update, but more likely to the server upgrade we did a bit before the software update).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
(BTW, to clarify, any of the issues with email delivery are not related to the software update, but more likely to the server upgrade we did a bit before the software update).
But doesn’t 2 + 2 = 4, and if you didn’t notice the first Frig-up, the second upgrade certainly highlighted it for you.. In this case “Something is broke.”:hu

Edit:

PrintingSoon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L805 x 2 & WF-7210DTW
When I signed up to the forum I didn't receive a confirmation email (yahoo address), I clicked the re-send button a few times but I still didn't receive anything. After seeing this thread I changed my email to a gmail account and I then received the confirmation email allowing me to post.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It’s nice to know that someone is thinking inside and outside the box…
Websnail did this as well in the other thread on email notification issues.

I think the forum software by default pushes email notifications to members. I get the weekly "best of" but no other emails even though it appears it is set to do this in my preferences. I did not want them anyways so did not miss them. But in the grand scheme of things, I guess I am affected by the notification issue, too. :idunno

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
We're *hopefully* narrowing this down to a handful of issues that are interacting in different ways for different people with different email providers.

Bottom line: Our server and software are sending out the emails, but for a handful of reasons, different service providers are blocking them.

We'll keep at it!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
My email providers send me a notification if they block an email with an option to recover it; emails from the printerknowledge server never have reached that point - the blockage must happen earlier in the transmission chain.