Pro 1print issue

Derek Bennett

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
Just got a pro 1 with non OEM inks fitted and the colour is very bad. Nozzle check is fine if i was to replace the ink with OEM ink how long will it take for the new ink to come through.

Attachments

• 15036116259331112358171.jpg
    15036116259331112358171.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 349

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Once 16-20ml of your new ink has passed through each color channel. That's about half of your new cart's content.
Joe

Derek Bennett

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
Thanks Joe
Do you think that will sort out my problem.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes. But be aware there will be residual remnants of the crappy inks until more than half the TOTAL OEM have passed through the printer
Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Derek Bennett, Printing with 3rd party inks in a Pro 1 will always give you unsatisfactory results unless you profile for the new inks, the use of a ColorMunki or other such devices will mostly cure the problem for you...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I think you only need a profile for the non OEM inks to be working fine. If the nozzle check is OK then I see why not.

The Pro1 is a prigment type printer so ink durability even third party ink is way better then dye inks. So unless you print for framing and you do not want to have issues with colors changing some years from now I'd say use third party inks. Get better paper for the money you save.

Paper makes all the difference these days.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
No experience with the Pro 1, but from experience with my more mundane printers I would say: buy a Colormunki.
You can find papers for very decent prices where you can - with quality refill inks - make very nice prints with as many as you want ;).

greenpix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
I have a Pixma Pro-1 and I printed a nozzle check and got this (see attached). I have tried a few deep cleans but no improvement. Is the head gone? Or can I take the head out and do a soak in a bath of cleaner?

Pro-1 -1.jpg
Pro-1 -2.jpg
Pro-1 -3.jpg
I have a Pixma Pro-1 and I printed a nozzle check and got this (see attached). I have tried a few deep cleans but no improvement. Is the head gone? Or can I take the head out and do a soak in a bath of cleaner?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@greenpix, firstly you can’t just take out the print head in a Pro 1 printer, it won’t let you !, there is a special procedure to go through for that.

Now the PM and Yellow look like you’ve had this problem in the past and didn’t correct it fast enough, and now they are beyond help and are permanently damaged.

This is going to cost you big time in two ways, you’re going to need a new head and a complete set of cartridges, because once you install the new head the printer will flush out all the ink that it has in the CISS tubing, and then there is your waste ink counter to consider.!

I must ask: -? how on earth could you have gone through a print head after only 600 pages, it might be cheaper to look at a Pro 10 then to put more money into this beast...