Pro 10s Not recognising ink cartridge

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
I know I sholudn't have done this. When I was reloading the ink cartridges with ink I unplugged the printer to stop it moving the tray back in. When I had completed the refill and reset cartridges the printer flashed the orange light despite all the cartridges being solid red. The trouble shooter told me the Photo BK was the problem. Do you think it is the problem, or is it something more sinister? I have ordered a new cartridge.

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
Hi Hat
Sorry, I should have written, I had already tried that. I will see what happens when the new cartridge comes.
Fingers crossed
On the plus side I can get A2 prints done for £5 in work, but they use roll photo paper. I can't even supply sheets for it
W

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
There's a possibility that the chip contacts became oxidized or stained with dried ink. It happens sometimes, specially with cartridges that have been around for a while. Have you checked those contacts visually ?. Even if they look fine, it won't harm cleaning them with alcohol.

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
Hi
I got the new black in the post today and it worked great. I will try the alcohol on the old one when I have to reload them next time. Whatever happened, even the CO started to work as well.
Thanks for all your help!