Pro 10s magenta

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Pro-72 carts are at the same time easy and difficult to clean/purge.
Ink flow problems can be caused either by very poor ink qualiy, which doesn't seems to be the case, or a partially clogged outlet sponge. That sponge it's only a thin felt pad which is a breeze to flush and clean with a refill plug, while it's moist with ink. On the other part, @websnail has already explained that if the pad is left exposed to air for some time and the ink has dried totally, it's next to impossible to remove it.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Pro-72 carts are at the same time easy and difficult to clean/purge.
One of the ways to clean up a dried cart pad is to fill the cart with a strong Fairy mix and water, and then leave the cart sitting in a saucer of the same mix but heat the mixture to about 40c, change the mix every hour, 3 times should be enough to get results..

Then you have 1 perfectly good rejuvenated cart ready for use again.. These carts are the easiest to refill but very hard to detect ink flow problems with..
P.S. always replace the orange shoe clip when the cart in not in the printer.. :thumbsup

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
i haw new set of carts i never leave them to dry out you now!
when empty i refil them in that moment.
This new set is better....now i need to buy second new set of oem to refil later.. i need 2 sets yes.
so this carts are not indestructible like jose says....

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
As @Artur5 suggested, disassembling the outlet shows there is a mesh and a sponge.
If those parts can't be cleaned from clogs, maybe they could be replaced with an appropriate material.

The reported problem seems to occur only with some 3th party inks for specific colors, the easiest solution is buy a large format Canon cartridge for refilling. More expensive than 3th party, but half the price of what Canon charges for a 14ml.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
i haw new set of carts i never leave them to dry out you now!
when empty i refil them in that moment.
This new set is better....now i need to buy second new set of oem to refil later.. i need 2 sets yes.
so this carts are not indestructible like jose says....
Borut, the carts were indestructible in the PRO-9500 using the original Lucia inks.
Since Canon added resin to the inks and this seems to be cause insolvable deposits in the printhead or cartridge after a certain time.
I suppose 3th party inks have resins too now, and it is understandable it could happen earlier with them.
There are also suggestions of pigment overloading.
Anyway, the 2 most valued suppliers on this forum mentioned the weak points of their ink sets and offer OEM ink for some colors. You can't expect the same for a fraction of the price.
Read between the lines and adapt instead of crying wolf.

PS: I have a 9500II and PRO-10 running without any issues with some adaptations ;) .

Last edited:

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
nah i did buy that epson ecotank....so am done
with the search for quality ink, various problems with postage. Now that the UK is no longer in the EU, you now have to pay customs for octoink ... if I want ink from a PC, I have to order through my US. I am currently very happy with the printer and I think will save a lot of worries ... but it is very interesting when it uses pigment black when printing on art paper ..... this will not be understood by various cartridge refill promoters..the home hobby users will agree with this.Epson has given a solution also for us. Even the waste ink collector has ... what more do you want besides Claria 70ml ink ...

Canon pro 10s is great printer i dont say that is not...

Last edited:

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Borut, the carts were indestructible in the PRO-9500 using the original Lucia inks.
Since Canon added resin to the inks and this seems to be cause insolvable deposits in the printhead or cartridge after a certain time.
I suppose 3th party inks have resins too now, and it is understandable it could happen earlier with them.
There are also suggestions of pigment overloading.
Anyway, the 2 most valued suppliers on this forum mentioned the weak points of their ink sets and offer OEM ink for some colors. You can't expect the same for a fraction of the price.
Read between the lines and adapt instead of crying wolf.

PS: I have a 9500II and PRO-10 running without any issues with some adaptations ;) .
What adaptations did you make for pro 10?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
You’re comparing apples with oranges. Epson Ecotanks are multipurpose printers: Some new models print up to A3+ but, apart from that, quality wise there're no different from other models of this segment: 4 or 5 dye inks for photos and pigment black for text. If that’s what you want, perfect.
Instead, if you want the equivalent of a Pro10 in Epson’s range you should have looked the P-600/700/800/900 series.

BTW you’re mistaken in believing that orders from Octoink after Brexit are more expensive than last year. Provided the value of your order doesn’t exceeds 150 euros, you pay the same because Octoink charges you the VAT in their invoice (as before) and you don’t pay Customs clearing fees or taxes.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
You’re comparing apples with oranges. Epson Ecotanks are multipurpose printers: Some new models print up to A3+ but, apart from that, quality wise there're no different from other models of this segment: 4 or 5 dye inks for photos and pigment black for text. If that’s what you want, perfect.
Instead, if you want the equivalent of a Pro10 in Epson’s range you should have looked the P-600/700/800/900 series.

BTW you’re mistaken in believing that orders from Octoink after Brexit are more expensive than last year. Provided the value of your order doesn’t exceeds 150 euros, you pay the same because Octoink charges you the VAT in their invoice (as before) and you don’t pay Customs clearing fees or taxes.
There are only 2 models epson ecotank photo printers
taxes to pay are 25€ + customs are 150€+

Last edited: