PRO 100s - Red dots on black and white print

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4500,HP Deskjet 1000,
Dear all,

Hope your printing goes well!

Small request for experience here: I just printed a monochrome image from Photoshop through Canon Print Studio Pro (black and white modus) and I notice red dots on certain parts of the image. Printed on Canon Pro Platinum paper. Would anyone have a clue how that is possible or what can be done to solve this?

(Part of me was smiling though, remembering the unpredictability of darkroom work and how much this resembles that ol' timey feeling).

All the best, thank you very much for your thoughts,
Kasper

IMG_4607.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@ KasperDM, It’s quite possible the red stain on your photo is coming from the underside of the print head, try in (Printing Preferences) and use Bottom Plate Cleaning and or cleaning the head yourself with a paper towel or use (Custom Settings) and tick the Prevent Paper Abrasion box…

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
@ KasperDM, It’s quite possible the red stain on your photo is coming from the underside of the print head, try in (Printing Preferences) and use Bottom Plate Cleaning and or cleaning the head yourself with a paper towel or use (Custom Settings) and tick the Prevent Paper Abrasion box…

Ok thank you mister Hat! I will try that and post the results.
Best, have a nice day,
kasper

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hello,
First print after bottom plate cleaning looks beautiful: grain, detail, all in sumptuous black and white.
thanks!
Kasper