Pro 1000 only prints part of image

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro100 Epson 3880, 9880
Hello All,

Has anyone had problems with a Pro 1000 printing only part of an image & then spitting out the paper? I don't remember ever seeing this but mine has started doing it while printing on canvas. I've had it happen while printing from LR, PS and Photoshop Elements 10. I've tried rebooting everything and making sure the print que is empty. Any ideas?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Has anyone had problems with a Pro 1000 printing
What O/S are you using, and how big in megabytes is the print and what sort of connection have you got between the printer and computer ?...

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks, Hat, for the quick reply. Windows 10, 105 Mg 5000x3600 px. and connected with USB. I see where you're going here. I'll try a different USB port.

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Okay. I have one of those.

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I printed all day through the powered USB hub. So far so good. Would it be better to go through the ethernet connection? I've never connected a printer that way.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I printed all day through the powered USB hub. So far so good. Would it be better to go through the ethernet connection? I've never connected a printer that way.
First off congratulation..
If it works that way …why change it.. If you use Ethernet to connect it could take ages to start a print with those size files..

pkk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Okay, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks, Hat!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Most computers have only one Ethernet socket which is usually used for connecting to the router, so I guess that only a small percentaje of people uses Ethernet for printers, but I don't see why it would be better or worse than USB.
Most Ethernet cards nowadays work at 1 Gbit/s. This is faster than USB-2.0, still the standard interface for a relatively slow device such as a printer, that don't needs USB-3.0 or above,
Nevertheless, if your printer works fine on a USB cable, why bother with Ethernet ?. That is, unless you want to check if it works as expected or if, as @The Hat predicts, it takes ages to get the job done.

I prefer wireless. Less hassle with cables hanging around. My wifi connection is very reliable and the printer is quite near the router, so no problems with spotty communication between devices. Now, if the printer was far from the router, with several walls in-between, it would be a different story.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I prefer wireless. Less hassle with cables hanging around. My wifi connection is very reliable and the printer is quite near the router,
Printing stuff off the internet or text documents are ok using Wi-Fi but serious photo printing is a no, no, unless you want intermittent issues with your prints, but some guys do get away with it, alas not all..