PRO-1000: High Density Fine Art Paper and the top feed

The Ninth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-1000
Hi,

I am using Hahnemühle's Photo Rag paper a lot, and for the PRO-1000 Hahnemühle recommends the media type High Density Fine Art Paper. On my printer I have therefore setup a custom media type based, on the High Density Art paper base type.

Unfortunately those media types are limited to the manual feed.

Now I have a larger print job waiting for me with about 100 pages, so using the manual feed will be a pain. The paper I'll be using will be one of the thinner variants of the Photo Rag with less than 300 gsm, so physically the top feed should be usable, if I could get the printer to do so with the High Density Fine Art Paper media type.

Using another media type is not an option, mine and Hahnemühle's ICC profiles are done with the high density media type, and with other matte media types the colors are noticeable off.

So, my question is: does anyone knows a hack for using the high density media type with the PRO-1000's top feed?

Regards, Robert

Surfox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF 7710
Hi,
a little bit late for your problem but the solution is:
Define in the Media Configuration Tool a new custom paper based on Spezial 10 (see below) instead of High Density Art paper. Then proceed as you have described. This new paper will have the possibility to be feed by upper paper feed. Be sure to do the paper feed adjustment under "Edit Custom Paper" to avoid banding.
The different Special 1 -10 differ as:
1-5 will use PBK and 6-10 will use MBK,
1 or 6 will use small amount of ink and 5 or 10 will use largest amount of ink,
but you can change this later with "Edit Custom Paper"

Regards, Ralph

The Ninth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PRO-1000
Hi Ralph,

Thanks a lot for that information, I will give it a try!

Regards, Robert