PRO 100 Yellow to flush or not to flush

DANIEL TORRES

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON PRO-100
Hi Canon Pundits - this has probably been asked before but I could not find it specifically. On refilling yellow ink for my PRO 100 in an old Yellow cli8. Do I need to flush the CLI8 or can I just fill it with the new ink and swap the chip?

I know the question sounds stupid and the intuitive answer is that i will need a clean dry cartridge but know harm in asking.

thanks for your consideration, dan

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
To flush or not to flush a cartridge is always a personal one, if you don’t flush then you’ll get a slight colour shift till all of the remaining old yellow ink is completely gone from inside the cartridge.

But if you do flush then you’re guaranteed that there will be no colour change whatsoever and no waiting to profile so the choice is solely yours to make.

But I will say if the CLI-8 cartridge has been used only recently then I wouldn’t bother flushing it completely, you could fill it with your new ink and then just empty it out and then refill it again with fresh ink, to empty the ink out of the cartridge just blow on the refill hole till you expel all of the ink out of the reservoir.

I would however recommend you soak you print head in Windex or Washing up liquid (Dawn) with warm water for at least 24 hours, make sure you cover the inlets where the cartridges sit.

To use the print head again rinse it in water and thoroughly dry it in a nice warm place for an hour or two then pop it back into the printer and then the cartridges, run a nozzle check and then happy printing..