Pro-10 slightly rotates images during print

RyanC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 10
I am printing 11x17 images on 13x19 paper. I have a key line and a digital mat surrounding the print. Today, I started noticing that the image was slightly rotated relative to the edges of the paper. It is only a few degrees, but noticeable. You can see an example in the image I posted. I can't find any menu item in the printer driver that would rotate the print, and this hasn't happened before. I've been printing for 2 years. Has anyone else seen this issue?
IMG-0600.JPG

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Possibly the paper or the feeder/roller system of the paper or both are causing the alignment skew issue. Maybe environmental conditions - humidity or lack of - are causing the paper feeding to behave differently.

Is the paper cut with 90 degree angle corners? Irregularly cut paper can cause skewing.

Is he paper aligned properly in the printer tray. If not than it may feed skewed.

Are the settings in the print driver correct for paper size, margins/borders, and paper type?

Specifically, what paper are you using - brand, paper type, weight?

Does this happen with other papers of different brands, paper types and paper weights?

What Operating System and application used for printing?

RyanC

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA Pro 10
Thanks for those suggestions. I'll have to try them later next week, I'm heading out of town tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

The temp/humidity in my office isn't much different from last week/year.

I'm using Canon Semi Gloss paper, 69 lbs. I'll check the angles of the corners of the paper.

I think it was aligned properly, but I will check. The settings on the print driver are correct, I triple checked them.

I have not tried any other papers/sizes. I'll do that when I get home.

I'm using Windows 10 and Lightroom for printing.

Thanks!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Is this the first time you oberve this effect ? Do you see this as well with other papers - other formats ?
I remember getting this same effect after I replaced some waste ink pads on a IP... Canon printer with those pads underneath the print mechanism. The mounting of the print mechanism required some test prints to get it aligned properly against the case. I saw similar effects on one or two Epson printers - from the beginning - I glued a piece of plastic against the paper guiding rail on one side to slightly shift the position of the paper. And I got some photo paper as well at one time which was not cut correctly - with 89/91 deg corners - very odd - it was some specialty paper which I got replaced after some discussion with the supplier - you can image those reponses - 'that's not possible'....

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have never known a Canon printer to skew square paper before because it always checks the paper alignment before committing to print, possible causes: - your feed roller may need cleaning or there maybe something stuck in the paper path.

That’s one of the reasons I’ve never liked the centre feed, I much preferred the paper alignment to the right side, I found it is more accrete... ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I'm using Canon Semi Gloss paper, 69 lbs.
The 13x19 Canon Semi Gloss paper (69 lbs) is, of course, compatible with the Pro 10, so this type of paper should not be a feed problem for your printer. However, improperly cut paper, which @Ink stained Fingers has pointed out occurred to him, can cause skewing issues.

Have a safe and great trip out of town. Will await your findings on the other questions.