Pro-10 Rebate

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone was thinking that Canon was out to get you on the rebates. The news I have is the opposite. I had received my rebate earlier in the year for the Pro-100 and I followed through with another purchase of the Pro-10.

Technically, I thought I did myself in as at the last minute I acquired it but through a non participating site but I had not realised it and thought, that was my fault and I was not going to get the rebate when I was filling out the rebate form and sent it in regardless.

Now normally they would advise by email that the rebate was approved. I did not get that and thought, I'm cooked. Well within three weeks........

I received the rebate from Canon nonetheless and that was nice of them. Looks like they simply want to get the printers out there.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The printers are loss leaders for making the big money on ink. That's cool. :cool:

In your case, they obviously don't know who they are dealing with (the owner of Precision Colors). :lol:

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Shhhhhhh.

The real loss leader for Canon is now the paper.

I was down at Toronto's largest photo store and went to pick up some Canon Pro Platinum....can't get the deal up here on that. Not practical when I need it like now. In any case,they had none, I asked why? they said they were discontinuing Canon paper because they could never get them. Apparently it takes them 2 months to get stock. Maybe because all is heading to the USA! Well no Pro platinum profiles for the time being.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You want me to send you some?
Joe

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get my hands on some as they would help a lot of folks who bought the Pro Platinum at the 4 free deal. I wanted to, but I could not find a way to get them up in a timely fashion.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
How many sheets do you need? PM me your mailing address.
Joe

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. Let me check on some other stores on the weekend before we go though all the work. I'll keep the offer in mind. The flu bug has struck.

denny2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
I received my rebate in only a few weeks also. I'm always worried that I wont fill them out correctly.
Will you have a profile for the pro-luster? I took advantage of the paper offer also. Will the new inkset be Pigment ink? Thanks!

Last edited:

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The new inkset for the Pro-10 will definitely be pigment as it should be. Anyone who purchases a Pro-10 and then convert it to a dye printer probably don't understand what they're getting into.

First off...why would you need gloss optimizer/equalizer with dye inks? ( well you could for another reason but not for the reason Canon intended) Secondly, the Pro-100 would have a potential advantage by using three blacks/grey over the Pro-10. Dye based Matte Black ink and Dye based PhotoBlack ink.....hmmm. haven't seen that for a long time. Doesn't make sense, and don't see a requirement really. Thirdly, and the big one; you could get nearly three Pro-100s for the price of one Pro-10 and the Pro-100 would print better in dye than the Pro-10 in dye. I certainly hope no one is buying a Pro-10 to use dye ink. But you never know, there's always a surprise.

I got many requests about the 9500 only to find out that people were converting them to dye and the refill store were not telling them that or understood what they'd done. Sometimes, It seemed that the refill store did not know the difference.. and then there was the holes they'd left behind.

Last edited:

denny2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
Good! I'm tired of seeing inksets on the internet that say they will work in a multitude of printers and they don't match the original in shade or quality. They say the dye will work in what was originally a pigment system. I can't hardly wait for your Pro-10 inkset to be ready. My wife is falling behind printing a few sessions as we ran out of ink again. She has been printing a few 13x19 photos along with a bunch of 8x10 . That really sucks the carts down in a hurry. We have over 2 full sets of carts waiting to be refilled. Will there be a resetter available? Thanks