1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Best precision printer
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Pro-10 purge pad wiper jammed

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by MJGadget, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jul 15, 2019
    MJGadget

MJGadget Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-1, Canon Pro-10
    I had a Pro-10 shipped to me. I am guessing that it must have been dropped because the wiper blade assembly is jammed and I get a 5C00 error. Does anybody know how to open up a Pro-10 to access the wiper blade assembly?

20190714_161604A.jpg

2. Jul 15, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Maybe these links will help you sort out your little problem, they are not directly or specific to your current problem but they’ll give you a complete picture as to what to expect when you go in..

P.S. Give everything a good spray of Windex and wipe off the excess with a paper towel, and don’t be afraid to get things wet.. gloves are essential…

https://www.printerknowledge.com/attachments/top-cover-removel-for-9500-pdf.3799/

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/sending-receiving-a-printer-by-courier-post.9710/

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/removal-of-top-cover-from-pro-9500.9961/

PeterBJ likes this.
  3. Jul 15, 2019
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    If this is a new printer or still under warranty then call Canon tech support immediately.

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.
  4. Jul 15, 2019
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    From the photo the printer looks brand new to me. Isn't the shipping company responsible for damage to goods they transport?

5. Jul 22, 2019
    MJGadget

MJGadget Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    Canon Pro-1, Canon Pro-10
    I bought the printer "as is" on eBay for a very good price. I figured the print head was worth more than I paid. I am not sure why the original owner never went after the shipping company or maybe they dropped it themselves. There is no damage to the outer shell.

I was able to take it apart and as I suspected, the wiper blade assembly had popped out of it's track. I have popped it back in and it seems to be fine. I have yet to re-assemble it to test.

Taking the outer cover off is not the same as to the Pro-9500. The side covers do not pop up, they need to be slid to the back. The info on the Pro-9500 was very helpful in locating a lot of the tabs, they are just in different places. I will take some pictures and upload so others can follow.
    Michael

The Hat, Artur5 and PeterBJ like this.