Pro-10 alternating white and orange lights

silverpixel89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
conon pixma pro-10s
Hello to everyone!

I'm new to to forum, so let me do a quck introduction.

I'm a german resident and live in the south of Germany near the Alps (near Oberstdorf). I recently bought a used Pro-10s that worked perfectly.

What I did: I wanted to install w wast-ink tank from octoink. Therefore I opened the covers, put waay the waste-ink hose and put on a new external one (I followed this thread: https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/removal-of-top-cover-from-pro-9500.9961/ ) . By this I disconnected und reconnectet the right front panel.

I then reinstalled everything, powered on the printer nad have now the problem with the alternating white (Power) and orange (Feed) lights. In a first attempt I unistalled the buffer battery and let the printer alone for two days, reinstalled the battery, but no luck ...

What I found by searching the internet didn't work so far (for example https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/...s/Pixma-pro-100-will-not-power-up/td-p/101006 )

It's a pitty that this wonderful machine doesn't come to live anymore.

Does anybody have an idea?

Best regards

Gerd

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It's a pitty that this wonderful machine doesn't come to live anymore.
Hi Gerd, it’s a bit of a bitch when the printer won’t start for you after all the good work you did installing a Printer Potty.

The thread you used for instructions unfortunately is for the 9500, that printer does not have a battery and that’s where all your problem are, the big mistake you made was not leaving the power plug in the printer during the operation. (Powered off)

I believe there is still a way of getting the printer to work again, but I’m great at searching this forum for the correct procedure, and there may also be a way using a service tool App to reset the waste ink counter.

P.S. Came accross this thread.. Maybe it will help ..
https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...inues-despite-new-printhead.15452/post-134689

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think that @The Hat is right about the problems being caused by disconnection of the back up battery, As mentioned in the thread linked by The Hat the cure is resetting the RTC clock from service mode.

Here is a post that confirms that service tool v5204 works with the Pro 10 even if some E-bay sellers don't mention the Pro models as supported. The service tool can be bought at E-bay at around 5$.

silverpixel89

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
conon pixma pro-10s
To @TheHat and @PeterBJ :

Thank you very much for your fast reply to me as an unknown member!!

I will try it out the next days and will tell you, if I succeeded.

Just one mor question: I put the printer into service mode and then I can talk to it via usb and the service tool?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Yes. USB is needed to communicate with the printer in service mode. Wireless doesn't work even if the printer might have this capability. It is also important that the printer is the only printer connected to the computer when doing service mode operations. Other printers connected to the printer can interfere with the service tool. And the service tool only works with Windows. You cannot use a Mac or Linux computer.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
This is very good news, again a worry about the longevity of the PRO-10(S) cleared :thumbsup

Thanks for all the contributors.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Blimey this was a nail biting thread. I feared the worst as I started reading and then got to the finale where the hero pulls out a win... Well done @silverpixel89, it sounds like you really paid attention to the info' provided.

Just out of interest did you manage to reset it first time or did it take a couple of attempts?