Printing pdf file in Adobe RGB colour space instead of sRGB

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
Random question but does anyone know if it's possible to print a pdf file in Adobe RGB rather than sRGB (I assume the latter is the default). I did used to have a method where I imported the pdf file into Adobe Illustrator and then printed from there, as AI gives you full control over printing profiles and colour spaces. However I wasn't prepared to pay £25 a month to Adobe just to occasionally print a pdf file in a different colour space.

I've looked in the printer settings for Adobe Reader and can't find anything there, just wondering if anyone knows of a way to do it or a free pdf reader that allows you to change the print profile to Adobe RGB?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
if anyone knows of a way to do it or a free pdf reader that allows you to change the print profile to Adobe RGB?
I would had taught that if you embed the colour profile in your original App , then save and send it to print in PDF format it would comply..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Many Printer drivers - I see it on most Epson printers - have an Adobe RGB option in the driver - custom advanced extended settings - advanced color mode - sRGB - Adobe RGB - Epson Vivid, but this does not imply that the printer can actually print all colors correctly in the Adobe RGB space, the printer gamut is typically smaller than that.

Last edited: