printing out lines

shaz17

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie,

Hope someone can help I'm at my wit's end.

I have an epson stylus 2900 and everytime I print on photo paper it keeps printing fine black lines across the page,

please can anyone help.

shaz

shaz17

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your reply manuchau,

have tried cleaning, it only does it on photo paper. plain paper is fine, do I print the purge page on photo paper? have done it on plain and it's fine, this is so frustrating.

shaz

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
What happens if you put plain paper in your printer and you tell the printer you are using photo paper? Does it print the black lines? If not, do everything the same but put in photo paper and repeat the printout.

shaz17

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Arhhhh i thought of that one,
thought if I tricked it but hey no it still prints out lines on the plain paper.

when I first start printing it can be ok I get to say about the 5th copy and thats when it starts again, so I have to turn printer off and leave it normally overnight.

hop you can help

shaz

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
shaz17 said:
Hi,

Arhhhh i thought of that one,
thought if I tricked it but hey no it still prints out lines on the plain paper.

when I first start printing it can be ok I get to say about the 5th copy and thats when it starts again, so I have to turn printer off and leave it normally overnight.

hop you can help

shaz
Could be the tank is getting empty. It seems as if the sponge is emptying without sufficient ink to re saturate it fast enough.

My belief is that if the ink level gets to low in the tank and the level of ink in the sponge drops allowing the ink to dry in the sponge therefore limiting from then on how much ink the sponge can absorb.

So if you refill, never let the tank side get too low or the air which will relace the ink in the top of the sponge will start the drying process, reducing the absorbancy in that part and limiting the amount readily available to the printer.