Printin,g transparant sheets with Epson SC P600 failed

Mylled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p600
dear all,

I have my second SC P600 and I use it for photo printing and as I am an electronic hobbyist I also produce circuits boards with the help of transparent sheets with the design of the circuit on it (produced with Eagle software package). This worked for years without any problem.
Since short now, I have an issue that it prints only a part of the circuit. I tried to reproduce the problem on a simple white paper but that worked fine...
I have send a test page to the printer, with a normal paper it does work without any problem, with a transparent sheet I see the problem (see attach, the first page is on normal paper, the second is on a transparent sheet).
Then I requested a configuration report, directly from the display on the printer, and that printed fine both on a transparent sheet and a normal paper.
I have the latest drivers, and in an attempt to remediate I also have installed back the original drivers form my CD without success, the problem persists.
I have the impression that something is broken.
I have contacted Epson support and had a strange experience:
-First they say it is the quality of the sheets, you have to use Epson sheets... despite the fact that I use my sheets for years without any problem, I tried to order Epson sheets and discovered that they do not sell these anymore...
- When I confronted them with that, they said it was the wrong driver... After de-installing and re-installing the latest driver (again) from the Epson site, the problem remains..
- The Epson said: printing on transparent sheets is not supported!!!!!!! The fact that I used this for years did not make any impression on them... They simply left me alone with my problem...

So, my question is: anyone out there with a SC P600 that can do a test and confirm that it works (so my printer is broken ??).

thanks in advance,

Danny

Attachments

• transparency-fail.pdf
    530.3 KB · Views: 379

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
What type of transparent sheets are you using - with any white edge on the top or the side ? did anything change with the media in this respect ?
Did you do any firmware update recently ? I think the problem is somehow related to the edge and page width detection which does not work correctly anymore , it could be that the printer is defaulting to the smallest page width the driver/firmware supports .
Epson support - ....................

Mylled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p600
Smalest page width detection only when inserting transparants??
I did not do any firmware upgrade (that I know of, I don’t know if they can do it invisible when updating drivers for example)
The sheets I use are the same as I always use...
I do agree that probably something is broken, but how can I convince Epson to take a look at it...

danny

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The sheets I use are the same as I always use...
how do they look, do they have a removable paper stripe somewhere, at the top and/or at the side ? There is a sensor underneath the printhead checking for the paper width which does not work correctly with transparent material ,
and that's the reason fo this paper stripe - to give the sensor something to detect - the top edge of the paper/foil and the width.
Since the driver does not have 'presentation foil' in the paper type selection in the driver, Epson will not be very supportive to 'fix' something the printer is not made for in their eyes.

Mylled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p600
But, it always worked, with the same transparants (the transparants I use today are from the same box as when it did work...).
also, when I request a configuration report or a supply status directly from the display at the printers front, it does work correctly....

danny

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
(the transparants I use today are from the same box as when it did work...).
okay, fine, but tell me where the paper stripe is located if that's not a secret. Something has changed now since
the days it was still printing correctly - and that's what makes remote support difficult in tis case. That could be a driver/firmware update, some other issues with the printer since then - whatever - paper jams , you are running the printer now on another computer, or on Win 10 vs. Win 7 etc - something like that

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
But, it always worked, with the same transparants (the transparants I use today are from the same box as when it did work...).
As @Ink stained Fingers has said, something has changed whether you know it or not, try taping your transparent material to a larger sheet of paper 25.mm back in from the from the front edge.

Your printer will see this as just an ordinary sheet of paper and will accept it as such..

Mylled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p600
There is no white stripe or whatsoever on the transparant...
I have a windows 10 desktop computer, and I also tried with two other pc’s (also w10) with the same result. I tried to print from my iPad ( to exclude driver issues...) same problem...

danny

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm surprised that the printer accepted such clear sheet at all, but since we apparently cannot revive that situation anymore you should try and follow @The Hat 's advise
try taping your transparent material to a larger sheet of paper 25.mm back in from the from the front edge.
The printer needs the white paper to measure the width of the paper .

I also tried with two other pc’s (also w10) with the same result.
I assume that you did these tests without this support sheet

Mylled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sc p600
I taped the sheet and indeed in works... great, thank you. But nevertheless, It worked, and Epson didn't care about me... So, it is my last Epson.
Thanks again (see attach).

danny

Attachments

• With-Tape.pdf
    322.7 KB · Views: 439

Latest posts