Printer recommendations

NathanK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Ecotank ET-4500
Hello,

I print a lot of stickers and I bought the Ecotank ET-4500 because I thought it would be cost effective but the accuracy of the print is not good, the prints are not accurate and the quality is also sub-par.

I want to return the printer and invest in a printer that accepts pigment inks and also has good quality. Around the £250-300 range and also a CISS system or refillable ink cartridges would be a bonus.

I have had multiple inkjets and the print quality has always been poor or the printing on round labels is not accurate.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I was going to suggest the Maxify model range to you, but like all paper tray cassette-based printers’ accuracy is not one of their strong points, the only other printer that will meet your requirements is a Pro 10, but you’ll have to pay a lot more, and they are so refill friendly.. I know diddley about Epsons...

P.S. Never use a CISS on a Canon Printer...

NathanK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Ecotank ET-4500
The paper I use is matte and I believe the Pro 10 is dye ink only so it will soak the paper?

I have been looking at that printer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@NathanK, If your having a problem with your ink soaking into your labels then you should look at other types of labels, Laser labels don’t always work well with inkjets, the Pro 100 is dye and the Pro 10 is pigment, but if you use the wrong type of label both inks may suffer the same fate.. :(
Google inkjet labels..:thumbsup

NathanK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Ecotank ET-4500
I have opted to get a
MFP M281fdw laser printer. I've had nothing but issues with inkjets over the years so time to move on. The great thing with this printer is you can use a ''Low toner setting" and it will continue to print meaning you can refill with toner yourself :D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Registration is terrible on a laser printer; your accuracy will go out the window..
You don’t know what issues you’re going to get yourself into trying to fill your laser cartridges.. Clean, cheap, and reliable... Forget it... :(

NathanK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Ecotank ET-4500
Registration is terrible on a laser printer; your accuracy will go out the window..
You don’t know what issues you’re going to get yourself into trying to fill your laser cartridges.. Clean, cheap, and reliable... Forget it... :(

My brother has a laser (Bizhub) for his stickers and it's spot on. Luckily I saw a video on YouTube with the same printer and her labels were accurate so fingers crossed! We will see tomorrow when it arrives.