Print you own home

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
These systems are coming and will get more popular as time goes on, but it will take the building industry time to catch on to them, ideal for bungalow building.

@stratman would love to get his hands on this printer and it even turned @Ink stained Fingers head, I wonder how long before we’ll all see one in a garden down the road from us..

The homes of the future will have to be round or oval to be able to withstand the winds of the future expect by climate change..
P.S. I wonder if I could upgrade my CR-10 to print out Cement.. ? :lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I like this concept and I don't like this concept. Aesthetically, it is a "meh" from me, though the use of wood significantly improves the sterility of the printed cement. Not a fan of the support poles keeping the roof overhang up. Where are the strippers? Note in the cartoon picture that the second story roofs have no support poles, an omission surely planned to increase visual appeal at the expense of reality. I also do not care for the layered look of the concrete, including the unevenness of some of the layers, especially in the interior of the home.

Still, when costs for these printed homes are proven less, and the structures are certified safe, the decreased construction time and lower cost make these buildings incredibly attractive to house more people who find themselves homeless or in unhealthy housing. It may also be harder to destroy these homes as tenants do sometimes when renting or while on government subsidy.

Earlier today I read an interesting article on the Palm Springs home of Bob Hope and its renovation. Again, things I like and things I do not. Note that mahogany wood is smartly used to warm the concrete here as well.

https://www.latimes.com/columnone/la-me-col1-bob-hope-house-20190606-htmlstory.html

O3FBNR7A2JHRTELUN5GS5KOD2A.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
withstand the winds of the future expect by climate change
:lol:

Don't worry. Freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has declared the world is over in 12 years. Eat, drink, and be merry. :pop:drool:weee

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Don't worry. Freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has declared the world is over in 12 years. Eat, drink, and be merry.
If I can get another 12 years then I’ll gladly join your party... :pop:ya :smack :lol:
Earlier today I read an interesting article on the Palm Springs home of Bob Hope and its renovation. Again, things I like and things I do not. Note that mahogany wood is smartly used to warm the concrete here as well.
Nice house, pity he's not there...:old

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Speaking of drinking... I found a 3 pack of 50 ml airline sized bottles of Jameson - one "regular", one IPA and one Stout barrel aged. The cost was all of $6, less than a shot of either in a bar. :D

I'm thinking the IPA edition tonight. :thumbsup

jamesblackmon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WorkForce WF-2760
Yeah i have also heard that it is possible to make our own home through 3d printing.