1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Health & Safety and 3D Printing.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Print you own home

Discussion in '3D Printer Models / Reviews / Experiences' started by Ink stained Fingers, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Jun 8, 2019
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310/382/1800, P400, Pro7600
    jamesblackmon, stratman and The Hat like this.
  2. Jun 8, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    These systems are coming and will get more popular as time goes on, but it will take the building industry time to catch on to them, ideal for bungalow building.

@stratman would love to get his hands on this printer and it even turned @Ink stained Fingers head, I wonder how long before we’ll all see one in a garden down the road from us..

The homes of the future will have to be round or oval to be able to withstand the winds of the future expect by climate change..
    P.S. I wonder if I could upgrade my CR-10 to print out Cement.. ? :lol:

Ink stained Fingers likes this.
  3. Jun 8, 2019
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    I like this concept and I don't like this concept. Aesthetically, it is a "meh" from me, though the use of wood significantly improves the sterility of the printed cement. Not a fan of the support poles keeping the roof overhang up. Where are the strippers? Note in the cartoon picture that the second story roofs have no support poles, an omission surely planned to increase visual appeal at the expense of reality. I also do not care for the layered look of the concrete, including the unevenness of some of the layers, especially in the interior of the home.

Still, when costs for these printed homes are proven less, and the structures are certified safe, the decreased construction time and lower cost make these buildings incredibly attractive to house more people who find themselves homeless or in unhealthy housing. It may also be harder to destroy these homes as tenants do sometimes when renting or while on government subsidy.

Earlier today I read an interesting article on the Palm Springs home of Bob Hope and its renovation. Again, things I like and things I do not. Note that mahogany wood is smartly used to warm the concrete here as well.

https://www.latimes.com/columnone/la-me-col1-bob-hope-house-20190606-htmlstory.html

[​IMG]

4. Jun 8, 2019
    stratman

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    :lol:

Don't worry. Freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has declared the world is over in 12 years. Eat, drink, and be merry. :pop:drool:weee

The Hat likes this.
  5. Jun 8, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    If I can get another 12 years then I’ll gladly join your party... :pop:ya :smack :lol:
    Nice house, pity he's not there...:old

stratman likes this.
  6. Jun 8, 2019
    stratman

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Speaking of drinking... I found a 3 pack of 50 ml airline sized bottles of Jameson - one "regular", one IPA and one Stout barrel aged. The cost was all of $6, less than a shot of either in a bar. :D

I'm thinking the IPA edition tonight. :thumbsup

The Hat likes this.
  7. Jul 12, 2019
    jamesblackmon

jamesblackmon Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Epson WorkForce WF-2760
    Yeah i have also heard that it is possible to make our own home through 3d printing.