Print A5 (148x210) borderless with canon?

Pintail Pictures

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro10S
Nice workaround. :clap

How much overspray occurs and, if it does occur, have you noticed any problems?
Had some overspray so reduced the printing width a little from 14.85 cm to 14.70 cm and still getting a borderless print/picture, with less overspray.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Good job. :thumbsup

GMilner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip8750
So this is what I've done ... (IP7250, Graphical Image Manipulation Progran - aka GIMP) Load your A5 landscape in the botton (A4) tray. You will need to figure out how to keep the paper still(ish) as the bottom guide (nearest you) does not push far enough in. I used a lego style box that wasn't doing anything else at the time.

(Using GIMP) select the image to print - already sized for A5 landscape. In the print dialogue select the paper as A4 borderless. You can show (using image option tab) where the image will appear on the paper. Push it right to the top.
Select PRINT, and the image will print A5 borderless as required.

This probably works because the paper in the printer is collected at the far end of the tray - no sensor to see how long it is. It won't get confused it there is nothing to print after the A5 landscape. Paper is ejected before that happens.

Works (in test) on plain A5 paper - still waiting for glossy stuff to arrive.
Sorry to bring this up such a long time after this was posted. But I have just got a canon PIXMA ip8750, and disappointed to find I sent do borderless printing to A5.

I'm trying to print on pre folded card and in constantly getting a white line, about 2mm lol along the bottom. I adjusted the image width to make sure it didn't have a line down the right side, I adjusted my original file image size, and although it's improved, in still stuck as to how I can truly get rid of this white line to make it borderless

Thank you

GMilner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip8750

katierianne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma IP8750
I'm trying to print on pre folded card and in constantly getting a white line, about 2mm lol along the bottom. I adjusted the image width to make sure it didn't have a line down the right side, I adjusted my original file image size, and although it's improved, in still stuck as to how I can truly get rid of this white line to make it borderless

Thank you
I am having the EXACT same issue with the same printer! Trying to print borderless on pre-scored A5 flat cards. Also tried putting them in the printer landscape and setting it to A5 with the artwork just on the top half of an A4 pdf / jpeg and they are still coming out with a small white 2-4mm border on the bottom only! Did you figure out a workaround to resolve this?
Sorry to bring this up such a long time after this was posted. But I have just got a canon PIXMA ip8750, and disappointed to find I sent do borderless printing to A5.

Thank you

GMilner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip8750
I am having the EXACT same issue with the same printer! Trying to print borderless on pre-scored A5 flat cards. Also tried putting them in the printer landscape and setting it to A5 with the artwork just on the top half of an A4 pdf / jpeg and they are still coming out with a small white 2-4mm border on the bottom only! Did you figure out a workaround to resolve this?
Sorry, I haven't, other than bought a guillotine or use a white background

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am having the EXACT same issue with the same printer! Trying to print borderless on pre-scored A5 flat cards.
You can’t print borderless on A5 size Media, but You can print A4 size, don’t ask because it doesn’t make sense..:(