primera lx900

blackmac

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
In an earlier thread someone suggested that primera ink cartridges for the LX900 could be interchanged with Lexmark 100XLA cartridges.
Has anyone used these and has any experience.
Else maybe someone knows an US supplier of Primera Cartridges that ships to Australia. The ink cartridges cost more than 40 AUS$ here.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Mac

Black Tusk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have just tried this and it does not work. These cartridges are identical, and upon opening them up, I'd say that the lexmark has more ink in it too. ( It has a ink tank as well as foam, the primera is just foam) From what I can tell, there is a RFID smart chip under neath the sticker. I tried placing that chip on a new Lexmark Cart, no go. I have torn apart the Primera Cart and there is nothing else in there chip wise. So I am stumped. But from my research I have found that it looks like this is software based. You need to mess with your driver settings. The printer somehow estimates how much ink a label will use and thats how it calculates your percentage. Or it is in the firmware. I will look at those settings soon.

There is a site that claims to have a solution, dvdinkrefills.com

I have ordered the kits from them for the LX 900 and will follow up when they arrive!!

David

Ten2Pwr6

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
...been there done that... could not get dvdinkrefills.com kit to work. Even did a complete reinstall with Win7, even tried running it in VM with snapshot saving. Good luck.

inkchanger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you send me your empty lx900 ink I will send you mine. This is the only way to defeat the RFID chip. I will keep a log of which ones you send and which ones you get so you do not get doubles. Send me a message if you are interested. You can then refill and it will be a new RFID your printer does not recognize. I have hundreds of empty lx900 from the past year. You send me yours and I will send you mine. Send me a message. I will only do this for the first 10 people who respond. No money...just tired of paying too much for my labels because of overpriced lx900 ink.

Ten2Pwr6

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
there are reset chips now for the lx900... google "lx900 reset chip" or this site has them inksrefillsciss [dot] com .....

Tpellizzer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
How about a ciss system for the lx900? Has anyone found one to work or would a Lexmark unit work?

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I dont really understand this kind of bullshit marketing.. Basically EVERY inkjet printer could feed continously and print on label.
Since the LX900 is based on a Lexmark desktop printer I would never even touch that thing..

I did print about 2.000 custom labels for a customer on 21mm wide adhesive waterproof material with my epson 4000 pro
I took me little fiddeling but it was ok

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What the OP was referring to was the label stuck underneath the cartridge and not actually printing on any adhesive labels,
which has some sort of bar code on it,
also could you not have posted Bulls**! In place of your last remark, it would have still meant the same.. :)