Primera Bravo SE ..

Dave Rowly

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo SE
Hi all, Really hope someone can help me here, I have a Bravo SE printer & using the 53332 cartridge, But there are so expensive to replace.. I had one ink & I let it run lower then 10% about 6% and tried to refill it, But it still never worked. After reading somewhere on this forum that if it drop below 10% it blows a fuse and cart use ..

So I got another cartridge its gone to level 48% so I thought I will refill the ink before I forget.. But its still new renewed it self .. What else can I do to get the ink cheaper ..

I see refill kits on ebay & after messaging them they tell me to do what I just done & put up with the nag screen ? ..

so

1. Does the printer forget cartridges after so many used ?
  2. compatible inks.
Thanks for your time

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does the printer forget cartridges after so many used ?
On the older HP printers, you could use 3 cartridges to beat the incorrect ink levels, like use one cart up, then replace with a second cart and do the same, then a third, now when you refilled the first cart and insert that in the printer, it will show normal ink levels...

The printer won’t remember ever using any cart after it has used two previous, so keep your carts in sequence to continue...

There’s always a possibility it won’t work on a Primera... :oops:

Dave Rowly

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo SE
Yeh I have a feeling this won’t work also. I contacted the website you told me to but was no help. They don’t no anything

Bloke Biggity

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo Pro
Hi all, Really hope someone can help me here, I have a Bravo SE printer & using the 53332 cartridge, But there are so expensive to replace.. I had one ink & I let it run lower then 10% about 6% and tried to refill it, But it still never worked. After reading somewhere on this forum that if it drop below 10% it blows a fuse and cart use ..

So I got another cartridge its gone to level 48% so I thought I will refill the ink before I forget.. But its still new renewed it self .. What else can I do to get the ink cheaper ..

I see refill kits on ebay & after messaging them they tell me to do what I just done & put up with the nag screen ? ..

so

1. Does the printer forget cartridges after so many used ?
  2. compatible inks.
Thanks for your time

same issue with the newer 4200 primera and ink 53332. So expensive. I can refill them but software won't let me continue to use it. Although the last print is perfect, not fading or missing colors

Ronaldmobil

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Disc Publisher II
I’ve got this description, try it:

1. Disconnect the printer. Completely remove the driver by using the uninstall tool:
http://www.primera.com/Kbfiles/PTDriverRemover1.0.exe

2. Download the latest drivers. Do not install! Leave the printer disconnected. Unpack only in a new folder

3. Before installing open the file PT_DPSE.ini and change values as follows:

(don't forget to remove the semicolon at the beginning of every line you change)

On top WarnOnInkLow = 1 change to WarnOnInkLow = 5

ColorSpits = 515 change to ColorSpits = 99999

Blackspits = 400 change to BlackSpits = 99999

4. Reinstall the printer (start the installation with "setup" from the folder, where you've made the changes with "setup".

From now on, you should refill every 70 disc – or about 20 % of ink left, you have to find out. Tipp:you can use the counter reset in the printer properties / clean/change cartridge & check ink /reset counter to have an overview. Remember: If ink goes to low in one color, a fuse will blow.

This method works - the description says - on cartridges, which have never been installed in the printer. It MAY work in older cartridges, but for best results that it should be executed before installing a new cartridge.

Seems to work. I have 1350 disk left, so says PT Publisher :)

Excuse my bad english, I'm just a stupid German.

Last edited:

Bloke Biggity

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Primera Bravo Pro
I’ve got this description, try it:

1. Disconnect the printer. Completely remove the driver by using the uninstall tool:
http://www.primera.com/Kbfiles/PTDriverRemover1.0.exe

2. Download the latest drivers. Do not install! Leave the printer disconnected. Unpack only in a new folder

3. Before installing open the file PT_DPSE.ini and change values as follows:

(don't forget to remove the semicolon at the beginning of every line you change)

On top WarnOnInkLow = 1 change to WarnOnInkLow = 5

ColorSpits = 515 change to ColorSpits = 99999

Blackspits = 400 change to BlackSpits = 99999

4. Reinstall the printer (start the installation with "setup" from the folder, where you've made the changes with "setup".

From now on, you should refill every 70 disc – or about 20 % of ink left, you have to find out. Tipp:you can use the counter reset in the printer properties / clean/change cartridge & check ink /reset counter to have an overview. Remember: If ink goes to low in one color, a fuse will blow.

This method works - the description says - on cartridges, which have never been installed in the printer. It MAY work in older cartridges, but for best results that it should be executed before installing a new cartridge.

Seems to work. I have 1350 disk left, so says PT Publisher :)

Excuse my bad english, I'm just a stupid German.

how did that work for you? because in the colorspits/blackspits section it says:

;**************************************************************************
; Devmode Overrides
; These only override the initial default values
; Once the driver is initialized these values will then have no effect

Latest posts