Primera Bravo (053330)

1ostbo1z

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ok Guys Ive Been Printing For Going On 2years Now And Ive Been Having The Same Problems As Everyone Else About Their Ink Cartridge Cause They Run Dry Too Fast. So I Was Told To Check Out Cartridge World And I Had Them Refill Them A Couple Of Times (053330) For Bravo 1or2 I Believe. When I Was There They Told Me That Its Identical To The Lexmark 26.

So What I Am Getting To Is Has Anyone Tried The Lexmark 26 Before On Their Bravo 1 Or 2 Printers?
Or Does Anything Else Work? Very Appreciated.
Because When They Refill Them At Time It Would Only Print 100 Disc And The Cartridge Would Be Dry Again, Which You Are Paying 20.00 For Each Refill.

mrlemon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a customer here at Island Inkjet that uses the Primera Printer and we lent her a non-working Lexmark 26 to try in her printer.

It did not work. The printer flashed and complained about it not being the right cartridge. Most likely there is some 'coding' differences between the two cartridges.

The print number after refill can depend on where u refill. Our customer seems to get just about the same number of prints as a new cartridge when we refill.

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I don't like to complain, but do you realize how hard it is to read a post where every word is capitalized? It also has to take longer to type.

techysoftware

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I know they have refill kits for the bravo 1 or 2. Some guy is selling them on ebay and I tried one. THey work great. They work great and I've had no problems.
just type in primera ink refill and it should pop up

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Refilling these cartriges isn't that hard. Just purchase bulk ink like at http://www.genxinks.com (which I mention cause I like their ink) or any other place. If you go to a place that remanufactures them for you, all they do are 3 things that extend the life of your cartridge.

1. Evacuate the ink from the cartridge for priming
2. Clean the heads on your cartridge in case their clothed with old ink
3. refill your cartridge and test it

The thing is, that every cartridge will reach its life end sooner or later once the head burns. But as long as you refill the cartridge before it's completey deplited, then your in the safe zone. The hardest part is popping the top, but you can do it with a box knife. All you have to do is run the knife at the point where the top and the cartridge meet, to loosen the glue that hold them together. Then you have to pry the top open.

The first time you refill a virgin cartridge, its always hard because everything is settled and glued in very good, but once you get past that stage, the cartridge is good for about 6 or more refills.

You can buy bulk ink at the website above, like a pint, starting at $24. This Primera cartridge, which is similar to the lexmark 26, holds about 10ml of ink. 1 pint is roughly about 240ml of ink. Which means your paying about 1 buck a refill for that cartridge. I'd say that's not to shabby.

simmonpower

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
You can buy a conversion kit that let you use normal lexmark cartridges in your bravo from this company;

http://www.primera-secrets.com

It converts standard lexmark cartridges so you can use them in your bravo with out having to use the normal primera ones. It works great I can get cartridge for about $8 each now with no need to use messy refills.

Hope this helps!!

jayearl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
This above link from "Simmon Power" is no longer good. I really want to have the conversion kit IF it works. Anyone knows of someone where this works?????

techysoftware

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Checkout this website for refill kits for Primera printers. They are perfectly matched, not generic quality ink and matched to Primera printers.
http://www.dvdinkrefills.com . They offer refills on all Primera printer models.

godofbeauty

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
jayearl said:
This above link from "Simmon Power" is no longer good. I really want to have the conversion kit IF it works. Anyone knows of someone where this works?????
i happen to have that conversion. and best of, i happen to know of a combination that even work better.

email me if you want to know more.

elitequality@live.com