Primera Bravo (053330)

boomkids

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
One post talked about popping the top off for Bravo II cartridges. That is no simple task folks. Here's what I did.

First it should be known I got recycled cartridges from Emerald Recycling and they are a rip off plain and simple. Dont work and dont refund your money.

So I got pissed, drilled a hole in the indentation atop the raised part of the cartridge on top. I drilled til it broke through. I injected generic black ink into that hole. It was simple and Im rolling printed CDs off the assembly line as we speak. DS

acelover

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi. I am new here, i have a Bravo 2 and all you need to do is get a new blade slice around the edge, the:cool: color it has 6 holes you can see the colors so you can not make any mistake. Go to wall-mart
buy a color kit do the same to black, thats all no mess for me. i refill my black 9 times and the color 8 time work perfect for me. I made so far 1,433 copys with no problem, the chip thing is bolony.
Good Luck.:cool:

oojoe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
LEXMARK CARTRIDGES FOR YOUR PRIMERA BRAVO II

you can use the Lexmark cartridges and their cheap!!!!

Use remanufactured lexmark cartridges. New cartridges will not refill properly once they have been spent the first time because they use a solvent that clogs the screen under the ink cotton to prevent the easy refill that we can do on a bravo cartridge.

first you have to buy genuine primera bravo cartridges and once the print heads have worn on those YOUR GOING TO TAKE THE RED BARCODE STICKER OFF THE GENUINE CARTRIDGES AND PLACE THEM ON THE LEXMARKS!

My bravo is blazing through the lexmark paks right now!

Use an exacto blade, prefferebly with handle.

Use steam from boiling water, prefferebly from a tea kettle if you have one. (salvation army)

to remove the sticker from original pak, use the exacto blade between the sticker and pak. keep the blade facing down into the pak. it is very easy to tear these stickers! they haven't worked for me when torn and tried to stick them on another pak and make the tear lines match up.

keep using the steam to soften the glue that holds it on.

once you can get it off, place it on the lexmark pak in the same location. this is obviously the spot where the laser reads it.

best of luck, i hope i just saved you a ton of $$$ -oojoe

oojoe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
oh yeah and use the remanufactured 0016 and 0026, the same ink refill kits that are sold on ebay for the bravo's should work on lexmark. I haven't tried yet.

i'll post when i do.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
If you "Steam" off the colored bar-code located on the underside of the Primera cartrige and attached it to your full 3rd party ( cheaper ) Lexmark Cartrige in the same position, it will be recognized by your Primera Bravo.
I made a little mylar tab that contains the bar code and just double sticky it to the 3rd part Lexmar and use it over an over.

Works perfectly