Primera Brave se , refill

webman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Guys , Im new to this ink filling , but hav edone some , i have a Primera Bravo se. and have filled the black as i had quite a lot of disks to print black , it worked ok ......... by drilling a hole in the top of the cart and at the near end as you face ur printer but . there is 4 ink pots and it makes its own black , but as i said it worked ok but im wondering am i going in the right place > thanks again , by the way no need to reset the strip

Webman

vernond

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi I am new here too,

I am also searching for the answers to the Primera Bravo SE AutoPrinter question.
They use what looks to be their own cartridge 53332, however on closer inspection
it seems that Lexmark 33 cartridge is very much similar to it. Even the connectors.

I did try to refill it once with ink for Lexmark 33, it worked once and then it stopped
and asked for cart replacement and it would not print. I think it might have some
kind of chip that blows if the ink gets too low (theory at this point).

I did not try to install Lexmark 33 in it as yet, I am not sure what would be the
consequence of it. Will it then blow a chip in the printer and say, sorry pal
you trying to circumvent the security???

Bottom line I am also searching for some kind of cheaper way to use my printer,
as the price for printing some cd's gets as high as $1.50 each. One might say
why print photos onto CD/DVD surface, well if I wanted to print text, I would
get cheap Epson or Cannon.

Cheers
Vern

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You can refill these cartridges by pulling the sticker located at the top of the cartridge. Usually the center hole at the top end of the cartridge is the refill hole for that cartridge. If your not sure, use the toothpick method. Grab a toothpick and poke each hole till you find the one that's saturated with ink. That's your refill hole.

vernond

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:)

Finding holes to inject ink is easy, you get a kit and a video on how to do it
from some retail shops.

Hard part is how to refill many, many times. After refilling, second time
printer driver won't allow to print at all, even though the cartridge is full.

Anyone with driver workaround, chip reseter or any idea how to deal
with this problem?

Normal cartridge cost lots for standard printer and primera one is way
over the top expensive.

vernond

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score

xfadd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
@vernond
yes i bought from primerinkrefills.com and it worked for me(DiskPublishrPro DVD)
with the 53335 cartridge.

the key is, you must refill bevor your original cartridge is under 10% !!!!
there are little fuses in the cartridge wich are fired off if the ink level is below them!!!!
once the last fuse (app. 10% inkl level) is fired off, the printer would not accept the cartridge anymore.

so refill your cartridge always bevor the inkl level is below 10% and you are fine.

edomauro

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
From Santiago, Chile. Xfadd ... when you bought from primerinkrefills.com ... they send to you just the ink ???? or they sent you also a special cartridge or some intruction for wokaround or chip reseter ???
I have a Primera SE and the problem is the one you are mention above ... how to wokaround ...
For the Bravo SE 53335 does not work to refill over the 10% ... Some one could give me a help ...
If in US is too expensive the Primera cartridge ... can you figure out what is the price we pay here in south america for just one cartridge 53335 ? We pay US$ 69.oo for each one .... 16 ml of ink ... dont you think is too much ...
Thanks in advance if any can help me
Regards

Eduardo

vernond

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
xfadd said:
@vernond
yes i bought from primerinkrefills.com ....it worked...
I have now found that I can buy a Lexmark compatible ink refills, generic
and inject and it works.

The only problem is that after it prints 1 CD, it comes up with "Cartridge LOW on ink",
I then lift the printer cover, then close it and click "NO" in the prompt box that I do
not want to change the cartridge. It then prints 1 CD and comes up with the prompt
again so I have to repeat the whole process.

Thing is, I can drain the cartridge totally and nothing broken, just does not print,
until I refill it.

Sure its pain in the ..... but at least I can print and refill same cartridge several times
until the nozzles start to brake down....which has not happened yet after over 2000 cd's.

Next step is to fool the printer into thinking the cover has been lifted and closed and
I already have automatic button pusher "PTFB" and its old freeware.

Cheers.
Vern

techysoftware

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you need directions on refilling the Bravo SE, http://www.dvdinkrefills.com offers refill kits for all printers. The kits include an DVD video on how to refill. The website has great reviews, I tried out a kit and it worked great. After watching the video it was really easy to do. They also guarantee all of their products. The quality is perfectly matched to Primera printers. I'm very choosey about the quality of my prints and it is perfect. As good as the original. You have to check it out!