Pressure Equalizing

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
When I fill my black cartridge for my HP720c I squeeze the sides of the cartridge as I seal the refill hole. I find that this sets up a slight negative atmosphere that helps to stabilize the cartridge much quicker than just letting it drip to equalize pressure.

It still drips a bit but I hold the head over the container to save every valuable drop.

When I think about it it's a shame that printer manufacturers do not have a system that pumps ink through the printhead back to the tank to keep the nozzles clean and primed, what a saving that would be. I know cross contamination. Just think no waste pads to clean and how much ink would be saved.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
InkMon said:
...what a saving that would be. I know cross contamination. Just think no waste pads to clean and how much ink would be saved.
yep, and how much money would the manufacturers lose?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Simon:

You sound like a cynic.

Welcome.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Inkmon, there are special refill adapters for only a few bucks which enable you to refill the black cartridge directly through the print nozzles (direct inject) without opening the cartridge. After refilling: turn the cartridge on his head and use the same adapter to vacuum the cartridge by withdrawing several ml's of air out of the cartridge to obtain a lower pressure inside the cartridge: no danger at all of piercing the inner bag, when using the syringe/needle/plug method. Done: so easy and within a minute you can print again smoothly.

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but so far I have been able to just about pour the ink in. The cartridge is not actualy under a vacuum as air has to replace ink used. As far as I can work out the air gets in through the actual nozzles as I canot find any other inlet after I seal my fill hole. The cartridge works like a refill bottle that replenishes a birds drinking water. Air pressure keeps it in untill used.

I do agree that manufacturers would not go for anything that cuts there profits but I do think they should fit removable tanks to collect the waste. They seem to have done what they have to support their repair agents.

I am still looking for a code to reset my Epson RX530

Terry