Precision Colors Website Problem??

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100, Epson R1800
I've repeatedly tried to download the info from Precision Colors on flushing Cli 42 yellow, and each time something crashes Internet Explorer. Has anyone else had this problem? If you've been successful, could you post the procedure here?

Many thanks. I've got the Cli 8 cart on the way and I want to get this over and done with. Sure hope that the problem doesn't evince itself in a similar fashion on the other colors......

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
My internet service was out for a few minutes this afternoon. I live in North America. Maybe the same outage burst was affecting Precision Colors. Anyways, I just tried the web site and it works flawlessly for reading the PDF.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have just done a test and the instruction opens almost immediately in both Firefox and IE.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
It can't be a Web site problem. A program on your computer is supposed to be written so it must never crash, no matter what you feed it. A Web browser in particular must be able to handle anything, because there is no assurance that a random Web site is written correctly. I haven't checked this particular Web site recently, but in any case the fault must be with some component on your computer.

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
It can't be a Web site problem. A program on your computer is supposed to be written so it must never crash, no matter what you feed it. A Web browser in particular must be able to handle anything, because there is no assurance that a random Web site is written correctly. I haven't checked this particular Web site recently, but in any case the fault must be with some component on your computer.
Well, none of the other websites I've browsed when Precision Colors crashed have caused any problems. I don't think it is The Monolith, my computer. I'll try with Mozilla, etc.

George in Georgia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Firefox worked perfectly. I still think there is some anomaly on the Precision Colors website which "doesn't like" IE.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Have you installed or updated any browser add-ons or plug-ins recently?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
My tests were done with Firefox V 26.0 and Internet Explorer V 11.0.9600.164761C on a computer running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I'll power up a couple of older computers and test with other OS's and other browser versions. I may remember wrong, but I think I have also experienced some websites crashing a browser.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
In truth it does sound suspiciously like a PDF related bug either with the file, the reader program or quite possibly an overzealous antivirus or similar that's trying to parse the file and borking.

Perhaps someone who's successfully downloaded the file could provide some specifics from the file properties?