Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
HI
printer : canon pro 10s
inks : precision colors SE

when i print on glossy or satin papers , the black ink in black and white or dark tones in color removed by passing fingers on the images , even after 2 days !!
have you already see this problem ?
thank you

Norbert

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
have you already see this problem ?
Yes because that’s a very simple mistake to make, and is easily Rectified.

You have put the MBK black ink into the wrong cartridge, there are two black carts in the ink set, 1 is the Matte black cart (MBK) and the other one is Photo black cart (PBK), what you need to do is empty the Photo black cart marked (PBK) and fill it with the correct PBK ink..

You may also have to do the same with the (MBK) cart, just be careful next time when you refill, you also need to be doubly sure when refilling the PM and PC carts, identify the inks first and only then fill the cart, and only fill one cart at a time..

There are two Magenta colours, two Cyan colours and two Black colours, watch out for them when refilling…

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
NO NO NO !! I don't make this mistake .......... this is not the right answer .

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat's post addresses one of the most likely reasons, not an indictment of your refilling technique. How can the forum know what is happening at this point? It is a process of identification and elimination.

There's only a few things it can be.
  • Wrong ink refilled or poor ink in general.
  • Contaminated/Expired ink(?)
  • Wrong paper for pigment inks
  • Moist paper
  • Wrong Media Type setting
  • Wrong/Bad ICC printer profile
  • Environmental conditions exceeding recommended temperature/humidity.
Others may add more.

It would be helpful if you listed the paper used, settings other than default, and results.

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
Sorry if my answer seems agressive , it was not intention .

wrong ink , no
expiered , no
wrong paper , no
wrong media , no
wrong icc , no ( a bad profile can't make the ink removed )
environmmental , no

Papers used : Canon platinium , Canson satin , Hahnemuhle glossy , Epson ultra glossy .
I print since 15 years , I always refilled my carts ( epson r 2400 , r 2880 , canon pro 10 now ) never had this problem

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
As acknowledged by the supplier of the ink I use in my Pro10 (not Precision Colors), many third party photo-black inks have this problem with glossy media as Canon Platinum. It shouldn’t be an issue with satin or luster papers, but I experienced it too, although to a lesser extent, with Ilford Smooth Pearl.

Just for the record, in my case rubbing the soft part of the finger on the surface didn’t remove any ink, but using the fingernail, albeit slightly, did it. Instead with Canon OEM photo black, no problem at all.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
As Artur5 has just pointed out, "Wrong ink" can mean a specific ink formulation may cause your issue, not just refilling with the incorrect ink.

Even mikling of Precision Colors is graciously sending fresh inks in the advent there is an issue with your ink.

I think you need to recalibrate your thinking as to the list I posted unless you have other ideas on how your problem is occurring.

Maybe there is something else going on but all of us need to guard against bias when troubleshooting.

Latest posts