Pixma TS8250 will not start up!

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
As you have only one button, unplug the printer. Then press the power button and still having it pressed plug in again. Don’t know whether it changes anything.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had already good luck with it when a printer was stuck. It seems that entering service mode also resets some errors. I have now a MG5655 on the desk and I could clear some errors, Maybe also sensors are checked. At least the printer powers up what sometimes does not happen in normal mode. It's worth a try.
Thanks for your explanation, and I can see it could be worthwhile to give it a try, anything is when you’re in that situation, but I reckon a paper sensor trip can be the exception, because there are usually mechanical rather than electronic.. But still worth a go..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
It seems that Canon is making their new printers more and more hard to deal with as time goes by. They have become haughty bad tempered ladies who refuse to answer a mere demand by the user.
I wish I had stacked a bunch of IP4000 printheads when they were widely available. Even the Maxifys, as good as they're, have chips and behave oddly sometimes.

mcmixmaster

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon / TS8220
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would reply anyhow. I have a Canon PIXMA TS8220... about a year and a half ago (the same time as when this thread was started) we moved to a new house. When I set up the printer and tried to turn it on the touch screen lit up but just showed the CANON logo and nothing else happened. I messed with it for a while un plugging it and plugging it back in holding the power button, not holding the power button eventually it just turned on normally! This has happened about 7 or 8 times since then. I try to just not turn it off once I get it back working. What seems to eventually work is unplugging it and while the power cord is not connected slowly press the power button 10-20 times then plug it back in and see if it will start. If not then repeat the steps and it will eventually work.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What seems to eventually work is unplugging it and while the power cord is not connected slowly press the power button 10-20 times then plug it back in and see if it will start. If not then repeat the steps and it will eventually work.
Good on you for your persistence, and getting the printer working again.. ;)