Pixma Pro9500 problem

Jannis

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9500
Alright then I might have soaked a bit too shy. I only submerged the nozzles because I didn't want to submerge the PCB. The quality of the photos is from my smartphone and I think that its post processing is bad for documents (also there is dust on the sensor). I can scan it but my scanner was rather cheap. I can make some better photos with my DSLM. But currently the printhead is soaking agian (entirely) and I will show the next testpage in better quality. I guess it has to dry really long after that.

Jannis

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9500
So I am back and the results look pretty good. I only made one tespage. Here is a scan (with humble quality). The PC PM and PBK are the only old cartridges but I might swap them too. I don't know (let me know) how I can pay you back for all the advices!

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 323

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Jannis

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9500
I soaked it over night in soapy tap water and flushed it really good under the tap and then put it in destilled water. Then I put it on wet microfiber and I noticed that slightly pushing on it makes water bubbles appear on the part that connects to the cartridges (the ceramic sponge) and all colors looked good but yellow. So I took some isopropyl and taped it on with a Q-tip until it appeared clean. P.S.: And I let it dry the whole day. P.SS.: The scan has its colors off that scanner is not usable I feel.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks for the feedback.

Print something once a week or so that uses all cartridge colors, such as a nozzle check, to hopefully prevent clogs in the print head in the future.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks for the feedback.

Print something once a week or so that uses all cartridge colors, such as a nozzle check, to hopefully prevent clogs in the print head in the future.

I would do that for sure.

Not to avoid clogging (they do only after very long standstill as you experienced) but to do something with the ink.
The first model of the PRO9500 uses a lot of ink when purging (that's why you can find them very cheap).
The MkII is more reasonable at this point.

Both printers produce the same quality.

The actually available refill inks from quality suppliers are very close to the original at 1/5 of the cost.
No printer is easier to refill.

If you print (mainly photo's, they are too slow for office work) at least 2 or 3 times a week get an abandoned PRO9500 for nearly nothing (as @Jannis did).