Pixma Pro1 poor nozzle blockage.

TomAllaway

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100s, Pixma Pro1
Hello All,
I have searched the forum to try and find an answer, could somebody advise how to get the printhead to the centre of the carriage.
Although I might have to consider replacing the printhead, I would first like to try and use the jay cloth & cleaning fluid method. I used this method back in the days of my Pro9000 with good results and as I say would like to try this first so as either be successful or bite the bullet and replace printhead.
Any advice would be appreciated, keep safe.

TomAllaway

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100s, Pixma Pro1
Many Thanks for info 'The Hat', have tried via your instruction sheet but printhead not parking in the removal position. This is the original sequence:-
Checked 3, rectified where required.
Rear paper tray closed, Front paper tray open.
Then as per 1ii, followed by 1ii and iii.
At iv Printhead then does purge sequence (partly moving to expose head carrier twice, then parks) after a couple of minutes printer shuts down.
Have tried variations of sequencing but to no avail.
Would Firmware or driver have any bearing on procedure, personally I wouldn't have thought so, but!
Regards

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is the original sequence:-

Your post describing the sequence for print head centring is all new to me, because I never supplied information mentioning anything to do with the paper tray having to be in certain positions, you must have got that procedure somewhere else, because it isn’t going to work.

Read my procedure once again before you attempt another go, and the firmware has nothing whatsoever to do with head centring, take it slower next time. Patience..

As you know my information cannot be posted on the open forum.. so respect that..