Pixma Pro 9000 II vs Stylus 1400

drames

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy something that can print large colour posters in good quality and speedily. I also want to be able to print on thick paper to make small edge-edge colour index cards. If I had to - I could just print 8 index cards on both sides of a large sheet of paper, and then just cut them.

I would use this for marketing and presentations for my non-profit Orphan Sponsorship Organization, and possible business endeavors and so I really want a professional quality.

If you've had experience with both printers - out of the two - which one is better to buy?

Which one will last longer if I do mass printing?
Which one requires less maintenance (if I do mass printing)?
Which one is better waste-pad wise?
Which one has better looking prints (or is the quality difference negligible for an amateur)?

If you could help me answer these questions it would be most appreciated - :).

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I would suggest the Epson 1400, not only is it considerably cheaper, but it can be converted to pigment in, which will give you waterproof and fade resistant prints. Also you can use the UDPS utility, which enables you to print up to 6.5 metres panorama's. This is not possible with the Pro 9000.

Also the waste ink tubing of the Epson 1400 can be easily rediverted into an external bottle, so the waste pads will keep as long as possible clean.

All this is not possible with the Canon Pro 9000. And the Epson will function much more reliable with CISS compared to the Canon Pro 9000 (Canon printers do not work well with CISS).

You might have a look at my CISS setup with pigment ink here at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKgp3lQ2Rcc

rarebear

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
9000s are now going for $150up to $200 brand new minus the UPC at ebay as of yesterday