Pixma Pro-1 B200 error

skid72

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-1
Dear all,
I'm writing here since I've a problem with a Canon Pixma Pro-1.A friend of mine, gifted me the printer after he had a problem with it.
In particular, the printer was used at home not very frequently. Last time, during printing of 10 A4 pictures, he replace some cartdriges and before completing the job, the printer stoped its job and showed B200 error.
For what i've understood, B200 indicate an issues with the printer head. Now the head is not accessible it is parked on the right side.

How I can proceed? There is any possibility to solve the issue at home.
Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Mario

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Save yourself a lot of mess and heartache, and give the printer back to your “Friend” and tell him to dispose of it himself, yes the printer can be fixed but with a lot of expense on your part, a new printer might be a better option for you..Sorry..

skid72

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-1
Thanks the hat. I know that repairing would be noto cheap, but if you want help me, i could try.

Thanks again,

Mario

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
but if you want help me, i could try.
If you are willing to spend €500 plus on this printer then yes we can help but it’s not going to be just straight forwards, the first thing you need is a print out of your latest nozzle check, and then to source a replacement print head from a reliable stockist, then we can take it from there..
The Pro 1 printer is not suitable for novice hobbyist, any other model is more practical..

P.S. I am trying to persuade you to reconsider your decision because you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into..

skid72

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-1
If you are willing to spend €500 plus on this printer
Are 500€ for spare parts or spare plus ink. I have 6 cartridges installed just before the issue and other 6 new, ready to be installed.

Last edited:

skid72

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-1
I asked my friend and he doesn't have the pasta nozzel check. How can i proceed?
Thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
How can i proceed?
Does the Printer turn on, is the B200 still present, can you open the ink doors, all of these thing matter, because if you don’t have control of the printer then trying to proceed is fruitless, the top cover will need removing and that work should not to be done by a novice..
P.S. Follow the advice in Post#2..

skid72

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pixma pro-1
Does the Printer turn on, is the B200 still present, can you open the ink doors, all of these thing matter, because if you don’t have control of the printer then trying to proceed is fruitless, the top cover will need removing and that work should not to be done by a novice..
P.S. Follow the advice in Post#2..
When power on the two leds start to blink and nothing more. I understood that to remove the printer head I have to remove the top cover. I'm novice on this printer but ?ve good experience with notebook and other electronic device, I'm not too much scaried. :)
I know what you are thinking.. see post #2. :)

So, should I start removing the top cover? Do you have any guidelines? Once I have access to the printhead is there something to check or the only operation is to replace the part and turn on?

Thanks again.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
When power on the two leds start to blink and nothing more.
So the printer turns on and blinks. But how many times do the LED light blink, and it turns on, but can you make nozzle check.
I have to remove the top cover.
No you might not have to remove the top cover, that will depend on how many LED lights are blinking, check the sequence and count.
I'm novice on this printer but ?ve good experience with notebook and other electronic device,
Knowing how to fix a notebook won’t help one little bit because this printer is far more intelligent than that, it has an active live EPROM chip and it will indicate what you need to do to fix it, not the other way around.
If you fail to carry out the correct procedures it will lock you out instantly, and the printer must be sent back to a Service Agent to work again.. now you’re talking real money..

Once I have access to the printhead is there something to check or the only operation is to replace the part and turn on?
Again no, the printer is the one that give you access to the print head, and if your still so intent on replacing the head then, your first step is to go get a new replacement, then we can talk about proceeding, I still reckon your crazy, this is not your ordinary printer..

Alfred112

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson EcoTank L6170
Dear all,
I'm writing here since I've a problem with a Canon Pixma Pro-1.A friend of mine, gifted me the printer after he had a problem with it.
In particular, the printer was used at home not very frequently. Last time, during printing of 10 A4 pictures, he replace some cartdriges and before completing the job, the printer stoped its job and showed B200 error.
For what i've understood, B200 indicate an issues with the printer head. Now the head is not accessible it is parked on the right side.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Mario
I was facing the same problem at one time it was not by my friend but the situation was same So Save yourself a great deal of wreck and sorrow, and give the printer back to your Friend and advise him to discard it himself,

Last edited:

Latest posts