Pixma Pro-1 B200 error

TheBaldEagle

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/Imageprograph Pro-1000
Did a print the night before, no problems at all. The next morning B200; alternating white and orange lights X 10. Tried a power reset; no success there. The printhead carriage is parked at the right side of the printer, the ink bay doors will not open, no sounds whatsoever. Aside from the flashing lights the printer appears dead. I understand from Canon printer service that the B200 error is almost always printhead related. Where to go from here. Do I take it to the "authorized" service center or try to replace the printhead myself. I know the procedure is not simple; problem is I can't get the procedure to see if it's feasible for me to undertake it. Or, do I abandon the printer and buy another printer?
The printer is just under 6 years old, has never had any printing problems - no clogs ( try to print at least every other day ), no banding, etc. Estimate about 1000 prints over that time.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @TheBaldEagle and welcome, the old B200 error can come at anytime and it’s never welcomed, and there is very little you can do with your machine if you can’t clear this error.

It’s not just a matter of changing the print head, but if you do that it probably would solve the problem for you, but your printer is very intelligent and simply won’t move the head for you to change it while you have ANY error showing..

There is a way to circumvent the normal head changing procedure, but it’s not an easy one and there are no guarantees that the machine will still boot up for you, it all depends on how you go about it. (Detailed Instructions)

The first thing you’ll need to do is to source a new print head, they are as scarse as hen’s teeth and are not cheap, and you also much have at least 50% ink left in all the cartridges, then you can think about changing the head, and a Service Centre will charge as much as the printer is worth to fix it.

Can you also post up your last nozzle check for examination, so we may see if there were any signs that the head was under duress ?

MichaelDargan

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro1 Epson 730 & SCP600
I am wondering what the detailed instructions were for Bald Eagle as there is no active link there. I also have a Canon Pro-1 and with a new set of original cartridges have just had the B200 error come up.