pixma ip4300 ink

bpbp00

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried the pop out the hole, fill up the tank, plug the hole and hope not much leaks out. It works, but what a mess!! This is what I do. When the ink looks low, I turn the cartridge upside down and slooooooly inject 3-4 ml of ink into the small round sponge area where the ink leaves the tank. You can see the sponge filling up. I DON'T overfill !!! I leave the tank upside down for about 5 minutes so the ink can settle in the sponge. I then turn it over and dab the small round spongy area on a wad of rolled up toilet paper a couple of times. There is enough ink in the tanks to do a lot of printing. I print a lot for my business (mostly pictures of houses on 32 pound paper) and this method will last a couple of weeks printing 60-70 5x7 color pictures. Also quite a few reports. For a normal household, should last a month or two. No mess!! No fuss!!
Bob

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Mikling wrote:

"Well I think everyone will agree that less of the total original ink from the last top up in the sponge will be consumed overall per refill. This will translate into greater problems or magnify the issues in the older BCI series. So topping up via the sponge is the way to go IMO."

I am at a loss to understand what it means that everyone will agree with something that is not correct in the first place. As I pointed out before you seem still do not have a correct understanding of how Canon ink cartridge works. I am certain that your statement is confusing the hell of a lot of people.

You said:

"This will translate into greater problems or magnify the issues in the older BCI series. So topping up via the sponge is the way to go IMO."

This is completely incorrect. Ever since cli8 and pgi5 cartridges came out untill today there have been very FEW clogging reports from printer owners. I now have an ip4300. Although the chip does cause some noisy warning messages these OEM cartridges simply work flawlessly by refilling from the reservoir. If refilling through the sponge and destroying the structural integrity of it is a better idea to you it's fine with me. But saying refilling from the reservoir will translate into greater problems I am afraid it is not even close that everyone will agree with you.

I don't disagree that it is possible to refill from the sponged chamber. It can be done but it is simply a lot simpler to refill from the reservoir. That's why the original OEM fill hole is there. The only issue to me is this original hole is plugged up pretty solidly so another approach is to drill a separate hole to refill. Then plug up the hole you made afterwards. If the hole you made is smaller than the original fill hole it is easier to re-seal. I have found it extremely simple. It's impossible that everyone will agree with you.