Pixma ip1500 permanent paper jam-with video showing

phidias81

kickbox
Reaction score
Hi. It's a few days I get the message "Paper jam. Remove the jammed paper, and press the Resume/Cancel button." But there is no paper! I tried also to disassemble the printer several time, but I can't see anything stuck anywhere and I keep on getting the same error. I also tried to print with 2 different computers. Here you can see the video of the printer disassembled with no paper and giving the paper jam error. Any solutions? thanks!

video link
http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=5172755384836146141&hl=it

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
phidias81 said:
Hi. It's a few days I get the message "Paper jam. Remove the jammed paper, and press the Resume/Cancel button." But there is no paper! I tried also to disassemble the printer several time, but I can't see anything stuck anywhere and I keep on getting the same error. I also tried to print with 2 different computers. Here you can see the video of the printer disassembled with no paper and giving the paper jam error. Any solutions? thanks!

video link
http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=5172755384836146141&hl=it
The sensor that detects paper jam might be stuck, or faulty. Try to get a service manula for your printer and check / replace the sensor.

phidias81

kickbox
Reaction score
I've already tried with the service manual, but the only advice it's this, and it doesn't help.

Paper jam - Paper jam error
- Paper cannot be fed
- Cannot print
1. Remove the jammed paper from the
paper pick-up side.
As the LF roller slips on the paper, the
paper is not fed, causing the jam error at
paper ejecting.

I also tried to move manually the paper sensor (I think it's that little black lever) and when I move it, there is no paper jam error, but it doesn't feed the paper

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
phidias81 said:
I've already tried with the service manual, but the only advice it's this, and it doesn't help.

Paper jam - Paper jam error
- Paper cannot be fed
- Cannot print
1. Remove the jammed paper from the
paper pick-up side.
As the LF roller slips on the paper, the
paper is not fed, causing the jam error at
paper ejecting.

I also tried to move manually the paper sensor (I think it's that little black lever) and when I move it, there is no paper jam error, but it doesn't feed the paper
Try to cantact http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/profile.php?id=1854 perhaps he can help you.

phidias81

kickbox
Reaction score
Is there a way to restore completely the printer and not only the waste ink pad?

I add some information: I used the printer for about 2-3 years, I always used non original ink (but I think it doesn't matter) and it stopped work while printing

phidias81

kickbox
Reaction score