Pixma gives Nozzle Check pattern not indicating need for cleaning but?

thorben

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I use my Canon PIXMA 3000 under Linux Mint (Isadora). It worked perfect until recently, when pictures looked pixelated to some degree. When running the nozzle check, the pattern looked systematic as shown below (vertical lines were perfect and omitted here)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In any case I repaeted several deep cleaning circles, but without succes.

Could somebody give me a hint??

thorben

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
thorben

Is that all that printed out on your nozzle check. Do you not get any colour bars at all ?.. :|

thorben

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sorry, here is what I could get.

5823_pattern.jpg

5823_nozzlecheckpattern.jpg

thorben

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You have several electrical problems that cannot be fixed unless they are caused by bad connections between the back of the print head and the contacts on the carriage. Try removing all the cartridges and then the print head and then reinstalling them. It probably won't help. You need a new print head. You have a problem with the top half of the light cyan and the top half of the light magenta, as well as the patterne of missing segments in the pigment black.

errante

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My older printer showed a very similar nozzle check, at the end I had to discard it because of electrical problems.

In my case: I changed some cartridges, checked the electrical interface between the printhead and the printer itself and ran a thorough cleaning of the printhead without any success at all. Some groups of nozzles were kaput, the same as your case. It forced me to print in high quality in order to avoid banding. After some days all the colour nozzles went off. :-(

thorben

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I checked the print head connections, but without any succes.
Thank you everyone for qualified comments.
In conclusion, its a new print head (rather expensive) or a new printer.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Sometimes it's a gamble getting a new print head since the printer itself could be bad. Or even worse, it's been reported here is that the printer will destroy the new print head.

jackypunker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Canon CarePAK Extended Service Plan is a cost-attractive and easy-to-use extended service program that provides up to three full years of service and support coverage at a very attractive price. CarePAK offers toll-free Canon technical support and includes Canons superb InstantExchange product replacement program. I never turn the printer off. And the problem would literally start before your eyes. Half a page would be perfect and the second half would have no blue. A new print head fixed the problem. But if I have that problem again, I will certainly try the water soaking method.