Pixma 4500 strange problem

pinakas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi websnail,

1. I thought that the problem was on the black photo, I changed it but it gives me same results (maybe with a little less problems) If I remember well i was used a third part cartridge with chip on it. The ink was out but i was still printing as i was not aware of the emtpy cartridge..

2. Below is a copy of an almost good copy of the image without the problem

3. I used for 1yr Canon cartridges with no problem
then i used 3rd party and then refilled ink on original canon cartridges

Any solution ?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Just to make sure that we are clear on your problem - are both photos closeups of the right edge of the print as it emerges from the printer? I have never seen this type of problem on a side edge, but it is common at the last part of the print to emerge from the printer (usually the bottom of the print). It has also been seen on the first part of the print to emerge from the printer.

Converting the images to CMYK and breaking them into their individual channels shows that cyan is missing from the banded areas, not black (especially obvious on the second image). There is a slight evidence of cyan banding on the third image, but it is far less than the first two.

pinakas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My friends thank you very much.

I followed Grandad35 advice and bought a Canon cyan cartridge and the problem disappeared.

The problem was the Cyan.

Just for the record: The airbubbles were on the cartridge ? And why i had the problem only on the right edge as it is emerge from the printer.

Thanks thanks thanks.
Greetings from Greece